Ocelot build. Serious ass kicking.

Dan0h

This thing kicks so much ass! It sounds so good! Crystal clear, super good tracking and really cool glitchy-ness if more than one note is vibrating. It’s one of those pedals that’s just fun to play. Couldn’t stop smiling. Boxed it and rocked it with my guitar. Had so much fun I didn’t even get the bass out yet. I’m excited to hear the magic with my bass tomorrow when the kid isn’t sleeping.
A little extra spaghetti from the led wires but no one will ever know. Tayda predrilled for the time saving win, just had to ream out the led hole a bit. This might be the first Boss pedal I’ve ever played. I’m afraid I may have to go on a boss build binge. 57E0064E-5EEE-450E-903B-E1063868B4C3.jpeg A9355847-26D5-4F37-ABB9-B45EEFBF6E61.jpeg EAFD46B2-1E6F-49F4-A50B-05FF37136753.jpeg

I just ordered one of these PCBs, great to see it and great to hear how much you're liking it.

Awesome build! What color is that enclosure? Oh and we need a sound sample:)
I couldn’t record a sample last night, 7 yr old sleeping… but I will try to get one this week. It’s the Winked Silver from Tayda. I will say my first batch of these was really nice with almost a gloss coat finish. This batch of them seemed like the paint was not dried properly (slightly tacky feel) and not so much gloss coat. Thinking they were rushing on these paint jobs vs the other ones. But still looks great. Maybe they are shaking in their boots at the thought of MR. pedalPCB’s new paint mobile… :)

I love seeing the Ocelot getting more love in the build reports lately - it's one of my favorites and would be my first build if I suddenly lost all of my pedals today. Killer build through and through and glad to hear it's bringing a smile to your face the same way it does mine :)

I just built one, but some issues. First with both oct turned to minimum, and direct turned up the sound is a little distorted.

When I turn up either oct control I do hear the octave spine but crackle sound, kinda of gated sounding

Fixed, bad pot and putting 100k in R5 that is suppose to be 10k really boosts the gain.

Side note, that does make a nice boost in front of distorted amp. It sounded really good

Back