Ocelot Octave (with demo)

finebyfine

A redemption build of sorts for me. However many pedals and moons ago, one the first pedalpcb boards I tried to build was the Ocelot Octave. I thought I was decent at soldering, but the number of pads I scorched off was quick proof otherwise. I built simpler stuff and got my skills to passable and have been having the most fun I've had doing a hobby in my entire life. Been a fun ride, and finally knocking this one out after however many months and doing it justice has made me reflect on how far I've come - which I could not have done without this awesome forum and the great people on it.

I haven't played the OC-2 in probably a decade, at that was probably just at a guitar center, but the character and effect is dumb spot on to the OC-2 that's built into the Boss Katana - even with the types of playing/note attack that it doesn't track super well. I've always kind of liked that aspect of the OC-2, but as I'm writing this I'm realizing I have no way of explaining why I do.

Demo is with an Ionizer fuzz after it. Initially clean, then with ocelot at noon, then with ionizer. At the end it's just ionizer and no octave for quick comparison.

IMG_688535-1058x1411.jpg

IMG_663135-1058x1411.jpg

Back