Old World Paragon

jeffwhitfield

You know, for a larger pedal, this particular build went pretty quick. Really like how it turned out though. Built it using 1S1588 and BA282 diodes. Channel 1 is set with the low gain resistor and soft clipping with Channel 2 set with the high gain resistor and hard clipping. Had a problem with one of the 1S1588 diodes but once switched out it roared! :)

Design-wise, I was going for more of an old world feel. This is the first project I used a hammered copper on. Bit of an oddball type enclosure to work with and it's kind of hard to design for. Result is definitely great...but if I was to do another one I'd probably lighten up the logo and labels more. The cream color works...but it's just a tad too dark.

IMG_0710.jpeg
IMG_0708.jpeg

UV printing through Tayda. Pretty much the only way to fly with a hammered copper enclosure. The texturing would make it stupid hard to do decals on.
I did one but it was impossible to see because of how dark it is. Surprisingly the texture part didn't have as much as an impact as I thought though.

You know, for a larger pedal, this particular build went pretty quick. Really like how it turned out though. Built it using 1S1588 and BA282 diodes. Channel 1 is set with the low gain resistor and soft clipping with Channel 2 set with the high gain resistor and hard clipping. Had a problem with one of the 1S1588 diodes but once switched out it roared! :)

Design-wise, I was going for more of an old world feel. This is the first project I used a hammered copper on. Bit of an oddball type enclosure to work with and it's kind of hard to design for. Result is definitely great...but if I was to do another one I'd probably lighten up the logo and labels more. The cream color works...but it's just a tad too dark.

View attachment 19078
View attachment 19079
Absolutely sick! I ordered the same enclosure. Any chance you'd be willing to share your vector file so I could modify a bit and have them do something similar?

View attachment 19078
View attachment 19079

How are you liking the tone at 18V? I know many have gone to 9V and I have the PM so I am running at 9V and love it.

How are you liking the tone at 18V? I know many have gone to 9V and I have the PM so I am running at 9V and love it.
You know, I'm actually fine with it. I built a Duocast which can switch back and forth between 9v and 18v. Between the two on that one, I prefer the 18v. Just feels like it has more clarity to it. Same applies with the Paragon I guess. I haven't actually heard it at 9v though. But, considering that I like how it sounds...well...why even bother? :p

Is this all you need to give tayda to screen print on a pedal?
Yep! The PDF is ready to go. Just need to purchase the UV printing and the gloss service (if you want gloss). Main thing is that when you add the design, be sure and answer the questions by saying 'no' to white, 'yes' to color, and 'yes' to gloss...along with 'yes' on the question about the Roland Swatch color being used for gloss. That's pretty much it. :D

Yep! The PDF is ready to go. Just need to purchase the UV printing and the gloss service (if you want gloss). Main thing is that when you add the design, be sure and answer the questions by saying 'no' to white, 'yes' to color, and 'yes' to gloss...along with 'yes' on the question about the Roland Swatch color being used for gloss. That's pretty much it. :D
Sweet. Any chance you have the original file (gimp or AI) I’d like to change some of the fonts and text. If not, no worries!

Back