Alex's Octave-Up Rabbit Hole

I kept potentiometers for both sides of the common "nulling" mod. Having both of these pots external is definitely overkill. If I redid the boards/schem I'd still keep one external, and have the other either be a set resistor value like in traditional null mods, or keep the other as an internal trimpot.
if I was to add a Null pot to my green ringer build, following the schematic you posted, I'd wire it like this right?:
lug 1: r7
middle lug: Q2 emitter
lug3: c3

noob question but just getting started into modding some circuits and reading schematics 😬

if I was to add a Null pot to my green ringer build, following the schematic you posted, I'd wire it like this right?:
lug 1: r7
middle lug: Q2 emitter
lug3: c3

noob question but just getting started into modding some circuits and reading schematics 😬

Yup exactly! Doing this Lug 1 and Lug 2 will be connected together as well which might be an easier way to think about it as you wire it up to the board. No bad questions either, we're all learners here :)

Yup exactly! Doing this Lug 1 and Lug 2 will be connected together as well which might be an easier way to think about it as you wire it up to the board. No bad questions either, we're all learners here :)
Thanks!
If I can use your help, I populated a board from PCBGuitarmania (I know, I'm sorry, the kit was cheaper...) and I'm having a hard time figuring out where I should wire the pot
This is the board
1708860286184.png
1708860258139.png

And this is the schematic:
1708787740537.png

1708787767441.png
Which side of R6 and R3 should I connect?
Q2 is a 2n3906 so I guess the left lug is the one to wire to the pot (EBC pinout)

Attachments

• 1708787823292.png
    1708787823292.png
    119 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back