Paragon Component Questions

mmthmj

Hello,

I'm putting together a Tayda order so I can build a Paragon. I think I have found most of what I need, but I had a few questions. For the 100 pF Ceramic Caps, I was going to order Ceramic Disc caps, but would it be better to use the Multilayer Monolithic Ceramic Caps?

For the IC's, I found the TC1044SCPA at Tayda, but I'm not seeing the JRC4580D. Is there a recommended substitute for those that Tayda carries? I don't mind ordering from somewhere else as well, but if possible I'd like to get all this stuff in one order. And yes, I've got sockets in the cart!

For the diodes, I was going to use 1N4148's in place of the MA856. Is there a recommended substitute for the 1S1588?

I've done some googling and searching on the forums, but a lot of info I've found is several years old. I know some of these components are available on eBay, but I'd rather use solid substitute parts than roll the dice on potentially counterfeit stuff just to get the "mojo" components.

Thanks in advance for the help. I've learned a lot recently with some simpler builds and accidentally ordering the wrong parts here and there (hello 1/2watt and 1watt resistors lol), but now I'm trying to move on to some more advanced projects.

MLCC caps are what I try to go for rather than standard ceramic disc caps. I get my caps from mouser though so I know they are the real deal.
JRC4580D and NJM4580D should be the same. Mouser has the NJM. I think NJM is a newer manufacturer of the 4580D whereas JRC (Japan Radio Company) was the old manufacturer.
I've seen (but never tried) using BA282 instead of MA856 and 1N4001, BAT41, or BAT46 used. I recommend checking out tagboardeffects blog and look at what people are using for diodes there for the King of Tone.

Back