Paragon with Mods

Phil hodson

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
So my pedal drought is over! I seem to have amassed a tonne of 3/4 finished ones which I will complete at some point I promise! Life and an amp build got in the way (more on that one later)
As a quick project I decided to try @ckaudioeffects paragon mods (note it’s not actually that quick 🤦‍♂️)
It’s the first PCB pedal that I didn’t do as stock. And went in full on and did all 5 of Caleb’s mods for this. The main reason was the fantastic step by step instructions. Complete with pics!
What could possibly go wrong….
Out of my comfort zone totally, Including cutting legs of switches, working in tight spaces and not rocking before boxing I didn’t hold out much hope in it working first time and was not looking forward to trouble shooting this at all!
Low and behold though I fired it up and it bloody worked first time! Phew!
The only thing I’m not totally happy with is my wiring for the hard/soft clipping I made too short. Should have read the instructions about leaving some extra for wiggle room. But I managed to just about attach every one with out cursing too much.
Fantastic sound and options on both sides.
My first time using carbon composition and carbon film resistors. Does it make a difference? Who knows!
Stock MA856 and 1S1588 diodes too.
Have only played it to confirm that all switches work and do what they should but so far think this is a keeper. Am going to run it next to my standard paragon and see what the difference is.
Thanks so much again to everyone on here for a continual font of knowledge and also to @ckaudioeffects For all the effort that went into his mods.

Back to playing my guitar. Honestly!!

5C8CCBF8-587E-4E38-A811-B1E836251457.jpeg 947CB0D9-0E6F-40F2-B89E-1EC1304B8E32.jpeg

Back