Paragon "Zeus Drive"

I can appreciate the irony in installing hard-to-get components only to find out that they're not necessary. Like those over-priced waa inductors. In some pedals, for some players, it might make a difference. For the rest of us... meh.

First -- thanks for the mention of Pedalhacker Electronics! Always good to hear about another source for "woo" components.

I understand the comment about effects pedals with wah inductors general, since it can be hard to hear what those inductors contribute to any particular sound unless you listen when the pot is being moved. I think the Zapper has the most pronouced inductor-ish sound from the ones I have built, but I have read that when Zappa was recording with the pedal that other folks would "fiddle" with the tone pot to vary the sounds. I also really like sounds using the 3 position swith on the Conqueror Fuzz (granted -- that may have as much to do with that switch being labeled "Yoko" as anything, since that has not stopped being funny for me yet.)

I can appreciate the irony in installing hard-to-get components only to find out that they're not necessary. Like those over-priced waa inductors. In some pedals, for some players, it might make a difference. For the rest of us... meh.

I'm weird with tone I guess.

First -- thanks for the mention of Pedalhacker Electronics! Always good to hear about another source for "woo" components.

I understand the comment about effects pedals with wah inductors general, since it can be hard to hear what those inductors contribute to any particular sound unless you listen when the pot is being moved. I think the Zapper has the most pronouced inductor-ish sound from the ones I have built, but I have read that when Zappa was recording with the pedal that other folks would "fiddle" with the tone pot to vary the sounds. I also really like sounds using the 3 position swith on the Conqueror Fuzz (granted -- that may have as much to do with that switch being labeled "Yoko" as anything, since that has not stopped being funny for me yet.)

They have great sets of hard to find Germanium diodes and transistors. I have ordered over a dozen times and it has been a great experience. Last time they even sent some free samples.

Back