Parasit Raygun Youth

mdc

If you haven't stumbled across Frederik Lyxzén's Parasit Studios page, it's worth checking out - he has a slew of DIY PCBs of original circuits, vero layouts for some classic oddball effects, and some really useful utility circuits.

I was looking for an extremely blown out sounding fuzz that I could use in a few noisier sections of a few songs so, enter, the raygun youth chaos fuzz:

This is a pretty fun and easy build if anyone is looking for a simple noise-making vero project. Low parts count, not too many cuts/links - layout/schem/diy PCB are all available on the project page.

tl6FUUQ.jpg

K4PVAit.jpg

I went with this sort of montreal assembly-ish layout on the enclosure as it let all the parts sit nicely inside a 1590BB without stressing over trying to fit the jacks over the pots.

I goofed up when I was putting the board together and offset two cuts by a row, so I had a few frustrating days of trying to trace the signal and troubleshoot until I turned the board over and noticed that mistake. Sub-5min fix and it fired up properly and sounds like the demo.

I was listening to the latest Low album last night and you can kind of cop some of the chopped up/heavily processed/distorted to infinity guitar sounds from that record with this pedal, which scratches a very particular itch for me. Anyway! It's a fun weird one.

Last edited:
I’ll check that one out! Used the raygun at practice tonight and it performed admirably. Grins all around!

Back