SOLVED Parentheses Fuzz pcb327 question about the octave function

Abyssmal

Hello i have a Parentheses Fuzz pcb327 question about the octave function.
It's the first version of parentheses fuzz
Is it normal the octave function makes the sound drop in volume for about 1 second each time i strike a chord on my guitar?
It souds like it's overloading something when the attack of the pick strickes the strings then it becomes normal after 1 second.
The octave sound is correct i think but that overloading drop in volume at each note effect is weird.
Actualy it does this effect when the gain and octave potentiometers are at 100% fully clockwise, if they are aroudn noon it's fine.
Is that how it's suposed to be?
Thank you :)

Last edited:
No, not normal. V1 of the board has D2 and D3 backwards. PedalPCB faithfully copied EQD's design, including this screw-up. If the diodes are leaky enough, it sort of works. Try turning D2 & D3 around. There could be something else wrong, so post some hi-res pix.

Reactions: fig
Cool! Please mark this thread SOLVED. There's a button for it somewhere...
Hm actualy i played more with it and when gain and octave knob are at 100% i can hear each note is muted for a fraction of a second at the start of the picking. Only happens when theses 2 knobs are at 100% or almost 100%. You sure its not normal? It's a LOT better with the diodes reversed but it's still there a little. btw it's my first octave feature on a pedal i'm not sure if its the octave that sounds like this...

I don’t have the parenthesis or life pedal, but I do often use a little tagboard green ringer octave pedal I made (same as the octave effect in the parenthesis) into a Rat, and I do usually get a compression of the attack of the note when I really dig in on single notes. I kinda like it.

I don’t have the parenthesis or life pedal, but I do often use a little tagboard green ringer octave pedal I made (same as the octave effect in the parenthesis) into a Rat, and I do usually get a compression of the attack of the note when I really dig in on single notes. I kinda like it.
Yes that's what i hear. Must be normal then.

Back