Pedalboard 3.0

Big Monk

Are those rows flat or tiered? Can’t tell from the pic. Looks great though

It’s all flat. The little bump out on the far right is for my Wah. I needed to isolated it a bit and get it away from all the wall warts underneath as they were injecting a ton of noise into it.

This is about 4” longer than the old one but narrower so there is less wasted space in the middle. Moving the Wah to the side and the 4” of extra space will let me get my planned pedal builds on there and let me have the expression pedal for the Good Vibes.

I wanted to go bigger but the space I play in can’t handle anything more.

Stickman393

Not too shabby! Looks great! What'd ya use? Kinda looks like poplar...

Gonna put a finish on it? I'm a big fan of hardwax oil...two super light rub-on coats and you've got an easily repaired film finish that looks great.

If you'd like to beef up the structural integrity a bit, I would suggest adding some bracing in between those 1x's under the platform slats, level with the bottom of the pedalboard. That will add some side-to-side stability and will help prevent the screws from tearing out the sides of the wood if subjected to a lateral shock.

If you want to get really crazy, you could even add some small Simpson strong tie L brackets under the slats as well.

Big Monk

Not too shabby! Looks great! What'd ya use? Kinda looks like poplar...

Gonna put a finish on it? I'm a big fan of hardwax oil...two super light rub-on coats and you've got an easily repaired film finish that looks great.

If you'd like to beef up the structural integrity a bit, I would suggest adding some bracing in between those 1x's under the platform slats, level with the bottom of the pedalboard. That will add some side-to-side stability and will help prevent the screws from tearing out the sides of the wood if subjected to a lateral shock.

If you want to get really crazy, you could even add some small Simpson strong tie L brackets under the slats as well.

This’ll be light duty! No additional beefing up required.

The base is pine and the slats are poplar. My MO is 2 coats Rustoleum High performance gloss black and then 3 coats Minwax semi gloss spray poly.

Reactions: fig

Big Monk

I’ll be wood filling and finishing tomorrow. Then I can start transferring everything over.

Reactions: fig

Big Monk

2 applications of wood filler on screw holes today. Ready for paint and sealer this week!

Very excited about this new layout. I do anticipate also running out of room on this one but we’ll see. I can’t go any bigger in any reasonable sense. For the short term, I only have a few builds/purchases planned so I should be good:

1.) MOSFET/Cattle Driver (not sure which one yet)
2.) Scrambler
3.) Hydra
4.) Battery Simulator (can go under board)
5.) MK I/Zonk!
6.) Missing Link Peacock Overdrive (commercial)
7.) @Chuck D. Bones Flanger or blend box for my E-Lady.

Big Monk

Well, it’s all finished. I’ll leave it in the garage overnight and check for any flaws of sticky bits in the morning.

If I’m confident it’s sealed properly, I can start transferring over power equipment, i.e. my power strips, power supplies, etc.