PedalPCB Equilux Equalizer (Spaceman Equinox)

Brett

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Build went together very smoothly thanks to the wonderful layout and spacious PCB.

I typically stick to Tayda's UV printing service, but decided to try @amplifyfun for a laser-engraved faceplate on this one and I'm very happy that I did. Spencer was wonderful to work with and delivered ahead of schedule.

If I were to build this one again, I'd probably make a couple minor adjustment to the drill template. The drill template (provided by @Robert here in the forums) is a little snug with the foot switch pressing firmly against the PCB. I'd move the foot switch hole away from the PCB a couple millimeters and move the LED drill hole towards the controls about 1mm. None of these are dealbreakers and the board still went together perfectly.

I haven't had a ton of time with the pedal yet, but so far, this one definitely shines in subtlety. I think @Dan0h mentioned in his build report that this was a pedal that "you don't really know it's on until you turn it off" and I concur. I'll have to spend a little more time with this one before deciding if the huge footprint on the pedalboard is justified. I may just end up hanging onto this one for when I get my home recording setup back up and running.

IMG_1625.JPG
IMG_1627.JPG
IMG_1624.JPG

Thanks for a great PCB @Robert!

Dude. These graphics win. Awesome!

I decided the footprint was too big for daily driving but I ended up building a mini board for it and a few others that I like to plug in more often than not.

Again perfect job here.

Also thanks for the @amplifyfun plug. I had no idea someone was offering this. Will be checking it out as I’m ready for some graphics in my life…

Dude. These graphics win. Awesome!

I decided the footprint was too big for daily driving but I ended up building a mini board for it and a few others that I like to plug in more often than not.

Again perfect job here.
Also thanks for the @amplifyfun plug. I had no idea someone was offering this. Will be checking it out as I’m ready for some graphics in my life…
Thank you @Dan0h!

Spencer (AmplifyFun) is super helpful and after my latest run with Tayda, I think I may try to transition more of my graphics to them.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Very nice looking! I especially like coloring the knobs to link them to their groups.

Don’t be shy about starting a new thread with your build. And, someone will undoubtably add “it doesn’t count without gut shots.”
Yes, guts shots or it didn't happen. Also, take pride in your build and don't post a build report in another person's build report. Now I demand gut shots, because that's all that really matters

Have you spent anymore time with this pedal @Brett ? How does it compare to a standard EQ pedal? I’m considering this one or waiting it out for the 125B version.

Thank you @Dan0h!

Spencer (AmplifyFun) is super helpful and after my latest run with Tayda, I think I may try to transition more of my graphics to them.
Everything Spencer has done for me has been absoutely top notch. Haven't tried his laser work yet, but you've just given me a good reason to!

Nice work on your end too BTW.

Have you spent anymore time with this pedal @Brett ? How does it compare to a standard EQ pedal? I’m considering this one or waiting it out for the 125B version.
I've spent a little time with it but I don't have a ton of experience with EQ pedals. The reason I built this one is because I wanted to have the Pultec-style EQ as an option to shape tones on my pedalboard. I've used a Pultec EQ in the studio (back when I worked at one) and this circuit seems very studio-like in that it's like a regular EQ pedal's sophisticated cousin. Both precise and broad adjustments are possible with this one.

Back