PedalPCB Terrarium

fig

Village Idiot
This has been a really fun pedal, both to build and to tinker with. The STLink V3Mini just got here yesterday, so I've got to figger' that one out. Software-wise, from my experiences the platform was a bit less hassle to get up and running than the FV-1. I've loaded and run several user patches and demo scripts, and even nudged a few settings around. Fun stuff!

The left-lower knob was not seated as low as the others in the picture, so it appears misaligned. ;)

daLJisL.jpg

F5IfjRn.jpg

This has been a really fun pedal, both to build and to tinker with. The STLink V3Mini just got here yesterday, so I've got to figger' that one out. Software-wise, from my experiences the platform was a bit less hassle to get up and running than the FV-1. I've loaded and run several user patches and demo scripts, and even nudged a few settings around. Fun stuff!

The left-lower knob was not seated as low as the others in the picture, so it appears misaligned. ;)

F5IfjRn.jpg
Where do you get these amazing red pot protectors?

The enclosure is a Tayda Black Sand, and the foot switch dress nuts are from LMS. BTW, they also now have black hardware Taiway switches.

Nice job! You been cranking out some top shelf stuff lately… I have yet to hear any algorithms for the terrarium… how do they sound

• Love
Reactions: fig
Fig has nailed the well-dressed and well-heeled enclosure. I like the Terrarium platform but still need to get past doing more than just loading programs that other folks are creating.

The enclosure is a Tayda Black Sand, and the foot switch dress nuts are from LMS. BTW, they also now have black hardware Taiway switches.

I ordered some of the dress nuts. Did you have any issues with the nuts for the switches not being threaded all the way through?

Oh, duh. Right as I hit "submit" the solution hit me. I guess I could have deleted the post, but then, why deprive all of you a laugh?

Got mine all together using the rhythmic delay and all works... except the dwell pot. I get a harsh scratchy static noise if it's turned up at all. No noise if it's at zero. Maybe bad pot? I guess I should've measured them all before I put everything together.

Got mine all together using the rhythmic delay and all works... except the dwell pot. I get a harsh scratchy static noise if it's turned up at all. No noise if it's at zero. Maybe bad pot? I guess I should've measured them all before I put everything together.
Are you talking about the middle bottom knob? That intentionally adds noise at higher levels (and some modulation at the begging of the sweep).

Are you talking about the middle bottom knob? That intentionally adds noise at higher levels (and some modulation at the begging of the sweep).
It's the lower right. Sorry, the "Swell", not the Dwell. The faux reverb. I tested voltages at the pins of the pot and am getting right around 3.3v on pin 3 for all of them and an even rise and fall when sweeping the pot up and down on the wiper. As soon as I begin to roll pot 6 up it sounds a bit like like bacon hitting a hot frying pan. I tried it again just a minute ago and it didn't do it, but after about 5 minutes of playing, it cut out and the only way to get any sound back was to pull the power and then plug it in again. I was playing a tele with bridge single coil @ around 10K, I had read where someone else was having weird behavior using humbuckers that they thought may have sent a signal that was too hot.

Back