[PedalPCB] Twin Face + Constrictor

szukalski

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Finished up some hasty graphics on some of the recent builds. Tips for Posca art, use a white base run before the colour, makes it pop.

Twin Face - 2N3907s on Ge and 2N2212 on Si (IIRC). I never bonded with Fuzz Face before, now that I know that I can use my guitar volume knob, it's much more useful and has turned to a keeper. In lieu of a brown pen, this is the closest to a self-portrait that I'll ever do:

ff1.jpg ff2.jpg ff3.jpg ff4.jpg

Constrictor - I really enjoy this pedal, the simplicity wins over the other compressors I have and the transparency does the rest. Wanted to do a python on there strangling a quaver but trying to do enclosure art along-side young kids has.. limitations. Another indication of this is the fact that volume and compression knobs are mislabelled.. love these kids!

c1.jpg c2.jpg c3.jpg c4.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I always thought your avatar was really you! :p. I have both of these boards in my latest order that I placed based largely on your recommendation. (Plus they sounded cool....!:) How does the Twin Face sound between the Ge and Si? Is it more subtle or more "in your face" difference?

I am grumpy, but not as grumpy as the avatar!

I find the Ge/Si to be definitely different. I also tried to get the lowest HFE Si in my collection, I will look for some NOS stuff, all the "new" Si have massive gain and I find it to be a bit harsher. I would say that I wouldn't use the Si side much at all and wouldn't miss it, but it's nice to have around to compare or have as an option.

I went through a few Ge pairs as well before giving up early and using a pair which were already sounding good. I have a lot more to go through but sometimes it's better to just play.

What I will say is that the Twin Face can seem underwhelming at first, but if you crank the signal through it, either with a comp/limiter or a nice boost, then it turns into a flexible raging beast which reacts to guitar volume adjustment really well. Or you can put in front of something low-mid gain and it works well in a similar fashion. Right now, it's either Constrictor > Modus Operandi (on 25% and optional) > Twin Face (Ge), or Constrictor > Twin Face (Ge) > Luxury763. Both give a lot of options to set the pedals on the floor and adjust all your tones with your guitar knobs.

Great artwork!
I really dig the lettering on your controls (even if the compressor got done a bit backwards)

Back