Pendulum high volume

I just built the pendulum and it works fine, except that the volume goes from nothing until about 9:00, then it come on and has a small area where I can control the volume until it gets really loud, really quick. Sound comes on at 9:00, by 9:30 it's really loud. Any suggestions? Maybe a different pot to stretch this volume taper out? I have the B100k in there. Should I go lower, to a 25K?, or is it reverse and I should go to a 250k?
btw- first time I've used ledr...I have the ledr and led butted right up against and facing each other (touching). Should they have some gap between them? Not sure if this would affect the volume, but they're just ahead of the volume pot in the circuit.
thanks

Yes, lowering that pot will help with the maximum volume. I suggest an A50k, as it will still allow for some boosting, and the taper will be more gradual

Yes, lowering that pot will help with the maximum volume. I suggest an A50k, as it will still allow for some boosting, and the taper will be more gradual
just after I posted this, I thought about going to an A100k for the more gradual taper. A50k sounds like a winner. thanks for the quick response

I have the same problem, I can only turn it up about a quarter turn and it gets so loud I've been really turned off using it. I think I will try swapping for a A50K also and see how it it, glad I found this post!

If OP has already changed, how does it sound now?

Back