Percolation Station - Volume

doublej

Built the Percolation Station with 2N2907A and PN3565. I am getting a real volume drop unless I crank the pedal well past noon - nearly 3 or so. Is this normal for this circuit or could it be my choice of transistor replacements?

All the percolators I've built need both controls all the way up to beat unity gain with germanium diodes. Remove the diodes for much more volume at the sacrifice of the octave down.

Biasing a Harmonic Percolator is hard enough even when you use the right transistors. when you start subbing, be prepared to change R1 and/or R2. It all interacts. Any other parts that don't conform to the BOM?

If you want to get this sorted out and have a DMM, measure and report the voltages Q1-C, Q1-E and Q2-C.

Biasing a Harmonic Percolator is hard enough even when you use the right transistors. when you start subbing, be prepared to change R1 and/or R2. It all interacts. Any other parts that don't conform to the BOM?

If you want to get this sorted out and have a DMM, measure and report the voltages Q1-C, Q1-E and Q2-C.
so I measured and here are the values

Q1-C = 1.30
Q1-E = 1.94

Q2-C = 2.81

Back