Pharmacist Pedal Demo and Build Report

jjjimi84

Oh man am I fired up about this one! I shot this video and during editing I scrapped it to start again and I am glad I did. This is such a great pedal and needed the time and the love.

I built this in a mirrored finish small bear 1590bb with those giant ass knobs from lovemyswitches and hand painted a fancy walrus on there. The knobs looked cool and were the color I wanted but I didnt look at what size they were so now I have 30 knobs that are way to big for standard 125B pedal making.....

This build came together quickly and the layout is super nice, I made some of the odd value resistors by running two in series which I didn't need to do but why not? For any Beatles fan this is a must have and for anybody else on the fence I highly recommend. In the video I play a bunch of Beatles stuff and near the end I just knob turn and improvise up some other stuff with it.

This is the most typing I have ever done for a build report, I hope I am up to the All in Good Fun standards! On to the video and pictures!

j8bQU3q.jpg

qoFB5X3.jpg

Great work all around! Btw, those knobs will work on the standard three-knob layout for the top two controls.
Thank you Grant!!!! Appreciate the kind words.

They do but it doesn't give a lot of room to paint any sort of lettering. I have them in light gray on two 125b builds and I am on the fence if they will stay.

Damn you Dan, now that you made me buy all the VFE boards, you're selling me on these!!🤣 Awesome build and great video!
You just gotta think how much better your skillz will be with all of these builds!

Let me know what you think when you get it together.

Lovely sounding pedal! I built the Conqueror which is along the same lines but I think this one sounds better! I’m gonna have to build one and compare don’t I? Also great video! You made me wanna shoot some pedals too…

Lovely sounding pedal! I built the Conqueror which is along the same lines but I think this one sounds better! I’m gonna have to build one and compare don’t I? Also great video! You made me wanna shoot some pedals too…
I built the Conqueror, and while it’s pretty good, it’s pretty bright. The mid boost doesn’t make too much of a difference with the bass up. I can’t wait to build the Pharmacist.

Back