Phasers...

NickC

I like phasers... XC phaser sound really good i think it will replace the Enterprise in live gigs.

Just one thing, when I change from block to script or 90 to 45 it gives off tremendous pop sound.

Duo phase and Master phaser are just as great but I prefer them in the studio.

Attachments

• pahser.jpeg
    pahser.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 66
Interesting to know about the pop switching from 45 to 90. Luckily that shouldn’t be an issue for me as I’d likely only ever switch modes while it’s bypassed between songs, but good to know nonetheless.
Where’d you get that cool knob for the XC?

I like phasers... XC phaser sound really good i think it will replace the Enterprise in live gigs.

Just one thing, when I change from block to script or 90 to 45 it gives off tremendous pop sound.

Love the graphics!

What jfets did you use in your xc phase?

can i use these in my build?
Technically, yes… but, ideally you want matched jfets to get the best sound out of a phaser. You could buy a bunch of these, build a test rig, and match them yourself if you’re ambitious (google phaser jfet matching for the lowdown). You could also get them here for a premium.

Last edited:
Reactions: fig
I got so ch an amazing deal on an MXR Custom Shop Script Phase 90 that DIY didn’t seem like the best route for once.
Is that the 74?
I'd love one but it's not true bypass and it doesn't have an LED. So silly.
I guess it's good business for Analogman :)

Is that the 74?
I'd love one but it's not true bypass and it doesn't have an LED. So silly.
I guess it's good business for Analogman :)

Mine is the true bypass, LED Script version. There is a difference in specifications but I can’t be sure if it makes a difference. Technically my CSP101SL is an just an EVH Phase 90 permenantly in Script mode.

EDIT: I was curious so opened it up. The revision C board in mine is it’s own thing separate from the EVH. At least that’s what the board seems to tell me. They might have simply made a board specific for this project that is simply the Script mode of the EVH but that doesn’t make sense since they could have simply kept using that board with modified markings.

Last edited:

This is a common byproduct as it is like a Footswitch without pulldown resistors to silence the pop.
As suggested, Go to BYPASS/ OFF mode & switch Toggles & then reboot the Pedal.

Back