pickups for blues and classic rock

Hey guys! So I've got a MIM Classic Series 60's Strat.
I love the guitar, but the pickups are just a little too weak for me. I play mostly blues-rock (ZZ Top, Bonamassa, SRV type stuff), and I was wondering what the best pickup combo is for heavy blues and classic rock.
Also, I just can't swing high budget. Thanks in advance!

Well if you like SRV you might be able to pick up (excuse the pun!) a used set of Texas Specials for not too much. There are loads and loads of higher output Strat pickups out there, but really Strats always did have relatively low output pickups. That's why things like Tubescreamers and Klons are so popular with Strat players.

The Dimarzio Blue Velvets always sounded good to me for a slightly fuller Strat sound. You can get Hotrails etc but then it doesn't really sound like a Strat any more.

Check guitar fetish they get some good reviews on Google and u tube

I put a set of their aged slick '65s in my jap strat I like them, lots of tonal variety I messaged them before I took the plunge they're pretty responsive if you tell them what you're looking for

Check guitar fetish they get some good reviews on Google and u tube

I put a set of their aged slick '65s in my jap strat I like them, lots of tonal variety I messaged them before I took the plunge they're pretty responsive if you tell them what you're looking for

I was gonna recommend GFS as well. I have a set of their P-90s and they sound great for mid-gain.

Back