SOLVED Pitch Witch - blend issue

mdc

I have a pitch witch build that was previously working a-ok. I plugged it in today and it's gone a bit off.

Per the schematic:

If I've got strong clean signal with the blend knob fully CCW, and strong delay-only signal with the knob fully CW... but little-to-no signal with the blend knob at 12:00, chances are it's a bad pot? Is there anything else it could be? An audio probe is showing exactly what you'd expect on the 1A, 1B, 3A, and 3B pins on the pot.

I would like for it to be something else that's obvious as I really don't want to replace a dual pot.

I tried swapping out the 386 IC just in case - no change. Again, everything seems to be working fine until it gets to the BLEND control / output. ;_;

Reactions: fig
You said it was previously working…I wouldn’t think that a pot would suddenly go bad. Maybe try reflowing between the LM386 and the PT2399? I feel like a pilgrim giving the Dali Llama advice…

I swapped the pot and it seems to be working fine now, so I guess it was either a bad solder joint that went sideways or a pot that crapped out. Either way!

Getting the pot out wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - I just snipped half the legs and the solder sucker got everything out relatively cleanly. I figured with six through-holes I'd manage to torch at least one, but I guess I caught a break inshallah.

Back