Places to buy knobs

Grubb

Help me out folks. I am looking for Tayda alternatives for buying knobs. Particularly Boss or MXR style knobs in multiple sizes, and also anything aluminium, are what I'm interested in.

I found some great knobs at BLMS but shipping was going to cost >$80 AUD (I've ordered from there previously and not been stung for shipping so I'm not sure what the issue is? Covid and Christmas? 🤷‍♂️)

I've also checked Amplified Parts, Pedal Parts Australia, and attempted to order from Banzai in Germany but they have not delivered my order nor replied to my follow up emails.

Where else could I look?

USPS suspended shipping to Aus a few months back (it's still in place now). There are other postage options available from the USA to Aus but as you seen they are quite expensive.

I've put a hold on order parts until normal shipping resumes.

If you've be not looked diyguitarpedals.com.au give them a try. Though it looks like Paul is also having issues getting supplies. As he is missing a few of his normal knobs.

Help me out folks. I am looking for Tayda alternatives for buying knobs. Particularly Boss or MXR style knobs in multiple sizes, and also anything aluminium, are what I'm interested in.

I found some great knobs at BLMS but shipping was going to cost >$80 AUD (I've ordered from there previously and not been stung for shipping so I'm not sure what the issue is? Covid and Christmas? 🤷‍♂️)

I've also checked Amplified Parts, Pedal Parts Australia, and attempted to order from Banzai in Germany but they have not delivered my order nor replied to my follow up emails.

Where else could I look?
Worth checking out their international shipping rates. Great selection:

What don't you like about Tayda knobs?

Nothing, I love Tayda, they just don't have everything I need e.g. 27mm Boss style knobs in white. Most of my builds have Tayda knobs and will continue to, I just need to augment my options.

Worth checking out their international shipping rates. Great selection:

Yeah, that's who I'm referring to as BLMS 😅 They have excellent stuff but their international shipping has been hamstrung by USPS suspending shipping to Australia. Has anyone got any experience with freight forwarding?

I bought some Tayda knobs, 3-4 years ago. They sucked. Half didn't work at all. I recently gave them another try and the new are really nice. I swore that I'd never order knobs from them again. Glad they have good quality knobs, now.

Also, if you look at Tayda, be sure to look under Potentiometer > Knobs, as some don't/didn't show up in Hardware > knobs. Hopefully, they'll continue adding more models (large MXR and brass insert 1900H would be nice), but I used them on most of my builds and they have been mostly great. But yeah, sometimes other vendors are great for different style or colors.
I've just put in an order with Banzai, hopefully it goes better than your experience...

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "didn't work."
I've had to de-burr the brass inserts on knobs from every vendor.
A lot of Tayda knobs I got in the past had the threads stripped from the get go, so the set screw couldn’t be tensioner at all. I got a few different knobs in my most recent Tayda order and they were much better though, so it that may be an old issue now.

Hey all,

This is Dan over at Amplified Parts - I head up our R&D team.

We have been adding a TON of new knobs the last year or two - we have added a ton of Marconi, Fairchild, Raytheon-style, and other knobs just this month. If there is something in particular you need and that we don't carry, you can shoot an email to newproducts@amplifiedparts.com or directly to me at dan@amplifiedparts.com and we can try to source it for you.

We have added hundreds of knobs over the last 2 years and have 50+ new types of knobs en-route right now from new manufacturers and customer requests. We have been making a huge attempt at new product development recently, so please shoot us an email on anything you're looking for, knobs or otherwise, and we can try and help out!

Cheers,
Dan

Hey all,

We have been adding a TON of new knobs the last year or two - we have added a ton of Marconi, Fairchild, Raytheon-style, and other knobs just this month. If there is something in particular you need and that we don't carry, you can shoot an email to newproducts@amplifiedparts.com or directly to me at dan@amplifiedparts.com and we can try to source it for you.

We have added hundreds of knobs over the last 2 years and have 50+ new types of knobs en-route right now from new manufacturers and customer requests. We have been making a huge attempt at new product development recently, so please shoot us an email on anything you're looking for, knobs or otherwise, and we can try and help out!

Cheers,
Dan
Thanks for sponsoring the truth about vintage amps podcast too!

Hey all,

Cheers,
Dan
Hey Dan! Any chance of these mini chickenheads in Oxblood?

Back