Post your guitar that's been in a case too long

Harry Klippton

A lot of us have em- guitars that sit in cases and don't get played whether we're trying to protect them, they've been deemed too nice for regular play, etc. Go pull that case out, snap a pic and post it here.

I last saw this guitar on December 31st, 2019 and just reopened the case last month in 2021. It's a 1986 BC Rich NJ Series Bich. I bought it for about $200 ten years ago or so when no one cared about these guitars. When I got it, it had a Seymour Duncan Destroyer DDJ in the bridge, and it's in there now. That pickup is crazy hot.

This guitar has nicer frets and neck finish than any guitar I own. The fretboard edges are perfectly rolled. I love the kahler trem. I've played in a lot of metal bands but playing metal riffs at home alone feels really boring to me, so this guitar sat in its case until a couple weeks ago. I'm finishing up a couple promethium builds so I needed to get this guitar out. It's tuned BEADF#B and a tele with single coils in standard wasn't cutting it for checking the sound of the promethium against my hm-2s
received_550649626022806.jpeg

SillyOctpuss

A lot of us have em- guitars that sit in cases and don't get played whether we're trying to protect them, they've been deemed too nice for regular play, etc. Go pull that case out, snap a pic and post it here.

I last saw this guitar on December 31st, 2019 and just reopened the case last month in 2021. It's a 1986 BC Rich NJ Series Bich. I bought it for about $200 ten years ago or so when no one cared about these guitars. When I got it, it had a Seymour Duncan Destroyer DDJ in the bridge, and it's in there now. That pickup is crazy hot.

This guitar has nicer frets and neck finish than any guitar I own. The fretboard edges are perfectly rolled. I love the kahler trem. I've played in a lot of metal bands but playing metal riffs at home alone feels really boring to me, so this guitar sat in its case until a couple weeks ago. I'm finishing up a couple promethium builds so I needed to get this guitar out. It's tuned BEADF#B and a tele with single coils in standard wasn't cutting it for checking the sound of the promethium against my hm-2s
View attachment 17169
That's cool. I'll be honest and say it's not a guitar I want to own but would to have a go on one every now and again.

Excellent idea for a thread dude.

Dan0h

This Strat was my goto for years, until I picked up a Jazzmaster earlier this year. She hasn’t seen the light of day since then, but it’s ok, she’s ready and waiting for me. I’m still in the extended honeymoon phase with the Jazzmaster. 8ABC0BF3-23F3-4A2B-A994-55CBDDBC7FFF.jpeg C19A7BD2-B175-4941-B986-68113A7A511B.jpeg

Coda

This Strat was my goto for years, until I picked up a Jazzmaster earlier this year. She hasn’t seen the light of day since then, but it’s ok, she’s ready and waiting for me. I’m still in the extended honeymoon phase with the Jazzmaster. View attachment 17171View attachment 17172
Same thing happened to me, except my ‘red strat’ is a Les Paul. Jazzmaster is pretty much all I play anymore.

Preverb

Have had this 81 Tokai 335 sitting in a warehouse in Japan a few months now. EMS Japan stopped shipping to Australia and I might be moving to Canada so everything is in limbo. I should probably just ship it to Aus and deal with the headache of moving one more item if I go to Canada...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 4

SillyOctpuss

I haven't seen this guitar since December 2019. It's a Washburn HB-35 and it stays with my wife's parents in California along with a Martin acoustic so I have something to play when we visit. Things are opening up travel wise but I've no idea when we'll be able to go out and visit again. It's s genuinely nice guitar which punches way above the price I paid for it.

Flame maple front and back with a mahogany neck and centre block. I've added a set of bare knuckle pickups and some decent pots etc. I'd love to see it again soon.

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

Big Monk

Maybe I can't count but I see 4 guitars in that picture🤨

Well 2 electric guitars and the big acoustic are mine. It’s an old MIJ Fender Jumbo but it has a bad belly bulge and needs a neck reset to be playable so it doesn’t see much action these days.

My son has a 3/4 scale electric and a 3/4 scale acoustic and my daughter has a 3/4 scale electric as well.

Then there are the ukuleles…

• Love
Reactions: fig

Bricksnbeatles

As far as just “in the case” guitars go, my Frankenstrat replica— the first guitar I ever built- hasn’t really been played really at all in 4 years. I love it and it means a lot to me, but it’s heavy as f*** (around 14 or 15 lbs I think. That’s what you get for building a guitar with that much random metal on it lmao), plus I rarely play stuff where a Floyd rose and a hot humbucker is useful. Ed is a big inspiration of mine and the main influence I had to first start building my own gear, but he’s had absolutely no influence on my actual playing. I like sparkly single coils, fuzz, and weird synth effects— I need to find a musical project where the frankenstrat can get some more use. Maybe tracking the more weedly-weedly solos for one of my prog albums.

Outside of that, I haven’t touched my main Strat or my 12 string in over 2 years because I started modding them both pretty heavily and then ran out of steam for a while. The 12 string I should probably get up and running again soon, but i still need to figure out a method of reliably cutting gilmour-style toggle slots in the pickguard— I tried a dremel with a router base, but even at the lowest speed the bit was always melting the plastic so the hole was twice as wide as it should be, and I tried drilling, cutting, and smoothibg with a jewelers file, but that had lackluster results as well. Once I get that figured out though, I should be able to get my #1 back up and running, and then hopefully build a backup to keep in my main alternate tuning

Paradox916

CC41259E-5DC0-4E14-AF87-F644F2ED4E28.jpeg

Not a guitar, but I just don’t give this little guy the love it deserves...

What?.... Mandolins can be metal too.

I got interested in mandolins when some one did some tool covers and I had to figure it out

Video is actually about 4 or 5 years old never posted it just did it for myself because I knew I would for get how to play it as soon as it went back in the case🤣

Last edited:

Paradox916

You know It never crossed my mind of a hard tail strat... sure Strat style bodies by other manufacturers but an actual strat? That’s pretty cool... shows how much I know about fenders.

TheSin

You know It never crossed my mind of a hard tail strat... sure Strat style bodies by other manufacturers but an actual strat? That’s pretty cool... shows how much I know about fenders.
Mine is a partscaster but there are actual hardtail strats out there made by Fender.

Matmosphere

This one. My first guitar actually, have had it since ‘93ish I think.

I left it with my brother a few years ago when I moved overseas. I decided I didn’t want to risk something happening to it so it stayed with him.

Originally I was only going to live overseas for a couple years. Now it’s longer.

I miss it. Whenever I pick it up it comes with a huge burst of creativity.

Attachments

• 8A7DCB01-4F32-4702-8CD9-4D8360985733.jpeg
    8A7DCB01-4F32-4702-8CD9-4D8360985733.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 13

SillyOctpuss

This definitely isn't going to be for everyone. A friend of mine put this esquire together and I absolutely fell in love with it. It currently has a plain black single ply traditional tele scratchplate and I'd love to show a new pic having gotten it out of the case but it's in storage with most of my amps.

For anyone whose ever read any Raymond E Feist my wife called this one The Enemy.

It's a two piece alder body, 60s c shape neck with clay dots and a Mojo p90 tele hybrid pickup.

IMG_1104.JPG