PPCB 6 band parametric eq pot version

Locrian99

Built this one same time I built my Caesar. Thought I’d share my thoughts on it.

I built this to put after my od/dirt section on my board to just fine tune stuff before it hits my mod/reverb/delay. Does what I wanted it to. Nothing real exciting but gets the job done sort of thing.

I hadn’t really looked into eq pedals much before building this. I just knew I wanted one. Was kind of surprised when I pulled up the build report and just how simple it was. Did some research on them after and how the gyrator set up works etc. kind of started a bit of a tone stack rabbit hole from there. Anyways very simple straight forward build. I like the pot set up for its simplicity in execution. Now that it looks like tayda will do the drilling for sliders I may build another in the future just because I think the sliders would be cool. Footswitch wiring in this guy could be a bit cleaner, didn’t have a picture of the enclosure fully put together so it’s the one on the right in the picture (Charlie brown is for a park auto wah stripboard build I did).

Overall I’d recommend this for a simple build that while not flashy has plenty of utility. ADCDCECA-8F0F-4A4C-A477-5BA51DF6DEFB.jpeg

453A6BDB-AA78-4812-A968-D9E2E0C8831F.jpeg

Im loving the Peanuts design! Absolutely killer dude! But it think the simplicity of the other one is catching my attention! I REALLY REALLY love the labels for the knobs!

Im loving the Peanuts design! Absolutely killer dude! But it think the simplicity of the other one is catching my attention! I REALLY REALLY love the labels for the knobs!
Yea that peanuts enclosure was pretty cool. It was actually a friend of mines idea. That was one of my very first builds and then awhile later I decided to do some decals on the enclosure. I really didn’t love the sound. It wasn’t awful sounded as it should from demos just something I don’t think I would use after actually playing it. So stripped it all and thag enclosure now has Black Russian muff clone in it. The circuit is in my vero graveyard along with a shoot the moon tremolo, an awful big muff type thing, and a few others that were made and were just meh. Funny these decals my favorite one yet that I’ve done that I also think turned out about the best was my first one. 67A32726-2963-4EC7-A825-E2AE691054BD.jpeg

Yea that peanuts enclosure was pretty cool. It was actually a friend of mines idea. That was one of my very first builds and then awhile later I decided to do some decals on the enclosure. I really didn’t love the sound. It wasn’t awful sounded as it should from demos just something I don’t think I would use after actually playing it. So stripped it all and thag enclosure now has Black Russian muff clone in it. The circuit is in my vero graveyard along with a shoot the moon tremolo, an awful big muff type thing, and a few others that were made and were just meh. Funny these decals my favorite one yet that I’ve done that I also think turned out about the best was my first one. View attachment 35491
Duuuude thats awesome! Ok you got me this is my fave one :ROFLMAO:

Great looking builds, all!

I have to admit, though, the Charlie Brown one is my fave. So perfect, wish I'd thought of that for an autowah build, such as the Snow White Auto-Wah, as it's supposedly the most wah-like filter out there as opposed to the plethora of quacky auto-filters.

I'd just keep trying out wah circuits until I found one I was happy with — that enclosure's graphic is too good to use for any other circuit other than a wah of some type.

AT 3:40, Andy totally cops the Peanuts-teacher's voice!

I have to admit, though, the Charlie Brown one is my fave. So perfect, wish I'd thought of that for an autowah build, such as the Snow White Auto-Wah, as it's supposedly the most wah-like filter out there as opposed to the plethora of quacky auto-filters.

I'd just keep trying out wah circuits until I found one I was happy with — that enclosure's graphic is too good to use for any other circuit other than a wah of some type.

That circuit sounds 100x better than that park auto wah circuit. And that outro was perfect. I still have that art template saved in ink scape if I find another auto wah. You guys make me feel like I shouldn’t have stripped that one. Lol.

Boo there’s not a ppcb of that one. Resisting the urge to make the 29x20 vero layout on tag board effects.

Last edited:

Excellent recommendation! I love it!!! Had a slight hiccup with bad lm13700. But this thing is just fun to play. Very very responsive to pick attack.

Charlie will live again! Soon as I get the enclosure drilled and painted!

6443CF3C-ABE7-429C-B45F-014923D33218.jpeg

Back