PPCB Circulator

Locrian99

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Finished this guy up tonight. Now my 3rd phaser build though the duo phase was not for me. I actually think I like this one better than the duo phase for my purposes. Has a good range of phase tones, can get whacky (not as whacky as the duo) but also a lot few parts time/money spent (though I sold the duo phase for a nice profit).

I apparently need to make a tayda order I didn’t realize I was out of the closed jacks I normally use had to use these switched ones and kind of bent the pins down as they were touching the counter without the enclosure barely they might have cleared it but a little too close for my tastes.

Happy to say my Amazon gamble on a 10pk of lm13700 seems to me paying off lol.

Very happy with how the enclosure turned out. Sprayed the clear coat on and brought it inside wasn’t going to make the same mistake I made with the auto wah. The knobs are some I picked up from stomp box parts failed to read the description didn’t realize they were so shallow but felt they worked well here. Went very simple with a black and white design, the led is white though it looks like it has a hint of blue in it in the pic. I’d recommend this for someone looking for a good versatile phaser.

Edit: and it’s even better when you wire the switched jacks correctly!

D32FC14F-7BAB-4E1F-9229-DD379E5002A6.jpeg 5FD551FC-DCC0-45BF-97FF-1B92DE16FB46.jpeg 959EA401-9EAA-46E5-BEC2-F3DBAF0220F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Well done. I like the large font lettering. Very bold and clean.
I too, built a Circulator and find it's a better phaser then a Phase ii (half a Duophase) for my needs. Since putting it on my board, I haven't touched the knobs much. It's become a "set it, and forget it" pedal. I plan to build another and mod it after reading about the mods here in the forum.

Nice build. If those chips end with KE3 then test them with caution. All the fakes I’ve had ended with that and have caused issues in the pedals I’ve tried them in.

Nice build. If those chips end with KE3 then test them with caution. All the fakes I’ve had ended with that and have caused issues in the pedals I’ve tried them in.
If they appear to be working (giving phase effect here, and wah in my autowah) is there anything else to worry about?

Maybe fine within those specs.

My experience was that they didn’t work in a phase, and a compressor worked for about ten-fifteen minutes of playing then stopped, with the chip burning hot to the touch.

@szukalski , did you have any that ended in KE3 that did work, or were all KE3 chips caca?
All that I had which I tested in the compressor (Walrus clone) all did the same. Worked for about ten minutes and then started overheating and losing audio. I didn’t have the same issue with the legit chips I had.

All the fakes have the tab indent as well, whereas all my legit ones have been dots.

Maybe they’re fine in certain applications, I didn’t keep them though. I decided to stop gambling with components unless I really had to.

All that I had which I tested in the compressor (Walrus clone) all did the same. Worked for about ten minutes and then started overheating and losing audio. I didn’t have the same issue with the legit chips I had.

All the fakes have the tab indent as well, whereas all my legit ones have been dots.

Maybe they’re fine in certain applications, I didn’t keep them though. I decided to stop gambling with components unless I really had to.
Interesting. Maybe I need to do a stress test on these. I think I played it for about 1/2 an hour last night after I posted the build report. Where did you get your good ones? I see tayda has them for 4$ each

Only thing I’ve noticed so far is it kind of glitches out on the fastest speed setting for the last 5% ish of the rate knob, I kind of thought that might be normal. Still hear the lfo just not really usable.

So I bought some from amplified parts out of Arizona here in the states. One of the few places they are available. Not super cheap. They all end I. Ke3. Soon as I get time I plan on testing them. Something I wanted to get some stock of before they become unobtanium.

So I bought some from amplified parts out of Arizona here in the states. One of the few places they are available. Not super cheap. They all end I. Ke3. Soon as I get time I plan on testing them. Something I wanted to get some stock of before they become unobtanium.
It could be that the ones I got were the rejects from that batch. Good luck with yours !

It could be that the ones I got were the rejects from that batch. Good luck with yours !
Just an update, I have 20 marked ke3 used then in 3 different pedals did some swapping in and out tested about half of them now. 1 dud it’s one I got from Amazon have 10 I got from Amazon and 10 from amplified parts. So I think you just had a bad batch

Back