PPCB HM-2 build. Built this to kick a Metal Zone off a friend's board.

peccary

I've got an old friend who is a huge metal head. He'd never heard of the HM-2 so I offered to build him one. He's a big fan of the Metal Zone and I figured that this could easily kick that off his board. He didn't want it at first, but after sending him some demos he messaged me a couple of days later and finally relented, asking for one 😂

This is the second one I've built and I think I'm going to have to make one for myself one of these days. Most folks seem to love it for the "chainsaw" sound, but I would say that it has a ton of range and is pretty usable at all ends of it's spectrum.

I used a no-film waterslide decal for the image. I got a new printer a few weeks back and *holy crap* is it a massive improvement over my previous one. The image came out glossy and clear. I was pretty happy with what I was doing before but I have to say it: all of my previous prints look like absolute garbage compared to this. I included an image after I baked it/before drilling with a reflection that shows the quality of the print as well.

The art is AI. He wanted "something satanic" and I think I found something that worked pretty well with that motif. I didn't put my logo on it because I thought it would be too distracting and I just really liked the image.

No demo because he's going to come and pick it up here in about 20 minutes!

Edit to add: no children were neglected during the straightening of my caps 😂

PXL_20230116_231915031.jpg

PXL_20230116_231436053.jpg

IMG_20230121_155820.jpg

Last edited:
exorcism-father-mulvehill.gif

I think your children would understand if they fell to the wayside for an HM-2. Tasty tasty build. If only I had a use for a swedish chainsaw sound....

Man, that image is so cool!! I love the black and red contrast and how their eyes are all just slightly wonky. Definitely a great image choice for that particular pedal. Super clean wiring and build too.

Back