Preamp sound from Brownface to Hiwatt?

grin

Cheers to everyone. I built the Apollo Drive Mk. II. I really like the sound, but: Very low output level. The tone stack provides no tone control.
I need a full preamp. So that it can be included in the return of the amplifier or in the PA.
I'm looking for sound from Brownface to Hiwatt. And walk between them. Switching between would be great. (as Triton Mk. III Preamp Drive switches between [Super Lead] and [Super Bass] modes).

I should take the Triton Mk. III and supplement with a booster?
I also looked at Neurocyton Preamp. But I doubt it. Any thoughts or advice?

hope my bad English will not be a hindrance. )

Attachments

• Apollo Drive Mk. II-001.jpg
    Apollo Drive Mk. II-001.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Apollo Drive Mk. II-002.jpg
    Apollo Drive Mk. II-002.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I did not like the Neurocyton. I can get useful sounds but there are many others which are better.

Chop Shop is probably my favorite pre-amp. It may not be the tones you mention, but I challenge any guitarist to not enjoy that pedal.

Are you sure your build is 100% working as intended? I built the Aion RAH, and the tone stack certainly works. I will say that it doesn't have the highest output overall, but not significantly less than an average OD pedal.

You may consider a clean boost into it to get the output you need.

It sounds like your jfets need the bias adjusted or they need replaced with others that meet specifications closer.

Are you sure your build is 100% working as intended? I built the Aion RAH, and the tone stack certainly works. I will say that it doesn't have the highest output overall, but not significantly less than an average OD pedal.

You may consider a clean boost into it to get the output you need.
There are many demos on YouTube. It works exactly the same.
I need a preamp, not an overdrive.

I'm curious what you mean here? Was this a translation issue?
The tone is adjustable, but very slightly.

I'm planning to throw away the tonal stack, change to MXR MicroAmp+

Last edited:
Back