Prints of Tone for my SCHMORG

dawson

I've finally given in to the hype and built a Pedal PCB Pauper to try out the Prince of Tone / Blues Breaker circuit! I'm way late to the party with this one, so you guys already know it's a really great low-medium gain drive with lots of usable sounds in that range. It's great for stacking with other gains for different timbres or treble boosting and it's got a nice little selection of clipping diodes.

LoeNpGs.jpg

The graphic is an acid etch of my thumb print (get it?)
I used a permanent marker to ink my thumb, stamped it on a sheet, scanned it into Photoshop then traced it with vectors.

nIpKfkf.jpg

Now, the big question for me is: "will this drive kick my Timmy out of the chain?"
-Nope!
It's not a bad pedal at all, just not great for what I'm trying to do- especially lackluster with my baritone, but again, that's obviously not the circuits' fault.

I'm glad I tried it, but when am I going to learn that all I need are a Timmy and some 'Muff derivative?? (currently the Acid Rain)
I've built too many drive pedals and keep building more- just chasing that G.A.S. dragon but my go-to drives are just too hard to beat for the sounds I like. 🤡

CFvxjO6.jpg

If you're wondering WTF is wrong with this guy who thinks it's okay to build upside-down pedals with no pants on, this thread may answer a question or two:
SCHMORG

Thanks for looking!

I've never played a Timmy 🤔 maybe I should give one a go. I don't even know what it sounds like

I had very similar thoughts about the Prince of Tone before being underwhelmed by this build so I'm hesitant to hype any drive pedal too hard-
that being said, Timmy is extremely tasty and versatile AF, as well as allegedly being named after this fella':
monty-python-tim-the-enchanter-costume-01.jpg

Awesome build! I love the SCHMORG board. I totally agree with you, I build far more ODs than I should. They have all started to sound the same or similar enough… I need to build different pedals for a while.

I've finally given in to the hype and built a Pedal PCB Pauper to try out the Prince of Tone / Blues Breaker circuit! I'm way late to the party with this one, so you guys already know it's a really great low-medium gain drive with lots of usable sounds in that range. It's great for stacking with other gains for different timbres or treble boosting and it's got a nice little selection of clipping diodes.

LoeNpGs.jpg

The graphic is an acid etch of my thumb print (get it?)
I used a permanent marker to ink my thumb, stamped it on a sheet, scanned it into Photoshop then traced it with vectors.

nIpKfkf.jpg

Now, the big question for me is: "will this drive kick my Timmy out of the chain?"
-Nope!
It's not a bad pedal at all, just not great for what I'm trying to do- especially lackluster with my baritone, but again, that's obviously not the circuits' fault.

I'm glad I tried it, but when am I going to learn that all I need are a Timmy and some 'Muff derivative?? (currently the Acid Rain)
I've built too many drive pedals and keep building more- just chasing that G.A.S. dragon but my go-to drives are just too hard to beat for the sounds I like. 🤡

CFvxjO6.jpg

If you're wondering WTF is wrong with this guy who thinks it's okay to build upside-down pedals with no pants on, this thread may answer a question or two:
SCHMORG

Thanks for looking!
I've always been impressed with your builds....until that part about no pants on.......... :ROFLMAO:

Awesome build! I love the SCHMORG board. I totally agree with you, I build far more ODs than I should. They have all started to sound the same or similar enough… I need to build different pedals for a while.

Thanks-
Do you like envelope filters? There are way too many of those for us to build also!

Amazing Etch work dude im always excited seeing your pedals!

Thanks a lot!

The SCHMORG that keeps on giving! It really is an awesome concept.

Thanks-
I'm still having a lot of fun with it!

LOve it, but...

You misspelled "Prints of Tone" around the footswitch.

DROUGHT! ..I mean, DRAT!

Sounds like.....eggnog....:)

Sure!

I've always been impressed with your builds....until that part about no pants on.......... :ROFLMAO:

mmhvljxu8cg41.jpg

Just been through your other thread, just totally awesome !!! :love:

Thank you Thank you!

BTW if you like Timmy you should try the Vemuram Ibanez TSV808. It's not a TS, it's a very cleverly modded Timmy. In fact I am seriously impressed with it and really didn't expect that I would be. It's one of the best ODs I've used with a Gretsch.

BTW if you like Timmy you should try the Vemuram Ibanez TSV808. It's not a TS, it's a very cleverly modded Timmy. In fact I am seriously impressed with it and really didn't expect that I would be. It's one of the best ODs I've used with a Gretsch.

@HamishR I'll keep that in mind- it's quite tempting!
The next Timmy style circuit I build is probably going to be the Effects Layouts Blue Cal- it's two different modd'ed Timmy's running off of the same dual op-amp.. but like I said earlier, I really ought to be playing guitar!

Then there's the King Tone Blues Power... It seems that at last the TS reign as most copied OD may be coming to an end.

Back