Pro-10 build. Yummy crisp.

Dan0h

Low volume sounds good, super clear bright sounding. First time I’ve had a drive tone knob in the 10 o’clock zone outside of a Rat, which is backwards so it doesn’t count. Will be able to let it rip tomorrow and give better feedback when the kid isn’t sleeping. Curious to compare it to my double barrel build and the nobles build. This one is #4 in the thank you @fig series of builds. One more to go.
81B80C15-F416-4881-BA95-36FF182CF18F.jpeg 84669670-AA92-45F7-8124-F5D4983F89A5.jpeg A8F86EB1-2B9D-47EA-86FA-D3B358775807.jpeg

Ok. After being able to turn up. This thing rips!
Took a bit of tweaking to dial it in but holy shit. Having that almost excessive brightness/clarity comes in handy and I imagine would be very helpful in a band setting. I ended up with my tone at about 9:30 which makes me wonder if I made a slight Resistor or cap error. I did use a 100p in place of the 120p but without the schematic I’m not really sure if that 20p is enough to cause this much brightness. I wouldn’t change anything now but I’ve just run across very few pedals where the tone when maxed actually gets into brittle ice pick territory. I dig this thing and will figure out how to get it on my board. The nobles side is ok I just love the blue side, a lot. Maybe I should just build a blues breaker on its own. I will say this does beat out the blues breaker in the double barrel. This combined with my mojito and parentheses (Life) pretty much give me all the drive tones I need. Cheers.

I can't recall but I should still have it around here somewhere if I haven't scrapped it for parts already.

If I can find it I'll fire it up and see.

I can't recall but I should still have it around here somewhere if I haven't scrapped it for parts already.

If I can find it I'll fire it up and see.
It’s not a big deal. After jamming on this again I love it the way it is. So even if I did drop a wrong resistor in I’m not going to change it. I’m on a big blues breaker binge lately. Have an awesome 4th coming up.

Reactions: fig
Was the one you built super bright past noon on the tone control?
I just checked my Pro-10. The Blue side is definitely more trebly than the Green side but it sounds like how a BluesBreaker should sound to me. Not "super bright". I like mine with the treble around 2 o'clock. Maybe check the value of the tone pot too?

I just checked my Pro-10. The Blue side is definitely more trebly than the Green side but it sounds like how a BluesBreaker should sound to me. Not "super bright". I like mine with the treble around 2 o'clock. Maybe check the value of the tone pot too?
My guess is just a variance in the pot I have. I was able to find the sweet spot for it so all is well. Really enjoying this pedal.

Back