Probably wrong capacitor?

mjh36

I need 1uf capacitors for the Greengage pedal, looks like I ordered 1uf tantalums(?) and 1uf nichicon electrolytic. Both are polarized I think and probably can't use for C2 C8 and C9? 20200907_142422_HDR.jpg

the outline on the board is expecting a 1 uf box cap. You try the tantalum in your build without soldering it in place to see if it works It will need to be oriented one way, but you could sort that out with a bit of trial and error. odds are pretty good though that you will want to see if having the right kind of cap makes a difference in how it sounds....

the outline on the board is expecting a 1 uf box cap. You try the tantalum in your build without soldering it in place to see if it works It will need to be oriented one way, but you could sort that out with a bit of trial and error. odds are pretty good though that you will want to see if having the right kind of cap makes a difference in how it sounds....
Thanks, I'm ordering the box ones to be sure. Seems to be my one order messup in my first build. I might try what your saying too.

Back