Procrastinator swell speed mod?

Idlebeach

Hello! I just wanted to get some input on what part I could swap out to increase the swell time on this bad boy? I built one last night and I think it more or less works but the swell is so short. I also wouldn't mind adjusting the sensitivity if anyone has info on that too.

I assume there is a capacitor I need to change for the swell speed, just not sure how to go about figuring out which one that is. I am hoping some other people on here have fiddled with mods on this circuit and can help me out.

Oh, I saw another post mentioning changing R23 from 10k to 1k and I am curious what that is supposed to do? Might that change the swell time?

Thanks!

daeg

Isn't that what the 'Attack' control does? Is it not fast enough at the minimum setting?

Idlebeach

I swapped out c7 for a few other values and it didn't make a difference. It was kind of neat sounding without it in at all though - it added a sort of crackle into it.

daeg

The SG-1 is so finicky. How is it that 42 years have gone by and no one has made an improved version?

benny_profane

Take a look at the schematic and the controls. The compression/limiter is part of the swell circuit—the bumblebee disaggregates them. You have much more control over the dynamics than with the SG-1. They aren’t the same circuit, although the bumblebee did start out as an SG-1.

daeg

Take a look at the schematic and the controls. The compression/limiter is part of the swell circuit—the bumblebee disaggregates them. You have much more control over the dynamics than with the SG-1. They aren’t the same circuit, although the bumblebee did start out as an SG-1.
Well... I stand corrected. I'll take a good look at it.