Project BOM cheat sheets

PedalPCB

Administrator
Staff member
I use a simplified version of the BOM for ordering parts and assembling prototypes. It's not as detailed as the BOM in each build doc PDF, but it streamlines the process.

Folks have asked for these in the past, so rather than let them end up in the Recycle Bin I figured I'd start dumping them here as I use them.

As always, these will not include the common components like enclosure, footswitches, LEDs, etc ...

Most everything should be straightforward. I generally try to mark any 1uF capacitors with a shorthand to indicate whether they should be Electrolytic or Film. (eg: "1uF E" for electrolytic or "1uF Film" for film)

If a project requires a certain voltage capacitor I will usually indicate that, but since these are for my own personal use I might overlook it. If a charge pump is listed in the BOM or the circuit is intended for operation on higher than 9V you might want to take that into consideration. With that said, I'll try to remember to indicate this now that I'm posting them for public use.

I will try to start including this sheet in the project build docs from this point forward, when I have it available. It does speed up parts ordering and assembly considerably.

Last edited:
oy vey..
I've always gotten a min 16v.. with 2 exceptions from my own misreading, the price diff, if it's even an option between a 16 and 25 volt is so miniscule, like 1 us penny if at all, should be a nonissue for vets and maybe a quick suggestion for new builder friendly build docs? unless the BOM call for higher which 1 guy who makes 18v stuff tells peeps to get 25v+, which I might do on future orders or Vigilante's +200v wizardry...
Now showing I need 1/4 watt resistors(standard across the community) or 1/8watt sized, Koa Speer makes 2/3ish/.600 watters 1/8 size, for tight fits would be nice

These are great for pulling parts and updating my inventory. I essentially make up the same type of doc for myself with every project. Knowing this is here now may save me some time!!
Thank you for sharing!

Back