Project concept - Cabsim with mixer and headphone amp

ADAOCE

So I’ve seen a few threads about a project like this and I’ve done a bunch of googling for what circuits to use and I’ve settled on building a UniCab into a Gorva S90 with a 4 channel mixer and the MXR Headphone Amp pcbs from GGG.

The concept is guitar comes in and sees cabsim first and is bypassable and then goes into a switch to either send it back out to my Amp or to the mixer and headphone amp.

in addition to the guitar, I’ll have an Aux input for backing tracks and another input to the mixer for the headphone amp.

im reasonably certain this should work I just wonder about a couple things. Should I use isolated jacks for the two mixer inputs and the headphone output? Is there anything I’m not seeing when it comes to combining these circuits that might give me trouble?

ive done a mock up in Vectr to come up with a drill template and file for laser etching as well as mocked up the colors (this will change 20 times before I order knobs).

since I’ll have no need for stomp switches I’m using toggles which allow me to fit all these pcbs in here pretty nicely with off board pots.

links for GGG boards

Mixer - http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/effects-projects/boosters/mini-mixer/

headphone amp - http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/effects-projects/boosters/headphone-amp/

Thanks!

Attachments

• 4BEE4575-067D-4639-8740-4D119FF53AEC.png
    4BEE4575-067D-4639-8740-4D119FF53AEC.png
    331.7 KB · Views: 29
New concept. Just messing around with the name and stuff. Couldn’t get the headphone image to change color but you get the gist from the template picture.

Attachments

• E2979847-F7B3-49A5-9F97-64195A6126C0.jpeg
    E2979847-F7B3-49A5-9F97-64195A6126C0.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 27
This looks awesome. Did you manage to finish this build?
Thanks! No actually some life stuff got in the way but I just ordered the rest of the parts for this. I’m going to finish this up in the next couple weeks. I’ll be sure to post my report!

Back