Propolis fuzz mods ? Can we add some knobs to it ?

Bobbyd67

Just got my boards in the mail today. Ordered 2 so i can possibly mod the second one. I have not seen a schematic online for the bumble buzz fuzz but was wondering if i could add a fuzz and volume control to it. From the demos i watched its got a octave effect and gated sound so maybe a octave and gate knob ^^? I really want one stock but i would love to experiment ! I can follow and understand a layout and schematic but as far as how a circuit works i aint got a clue :/ so if anyone is willing to experiment be sure to post your finding here :). Thanks !

Oh it’s a slightly modified Kay Fuzz Tone. Can you take a picture of the traces on the bottom side of the board? Shouldn’t be too hard to put a volume pot in the 330k resistors place

That was a good idea buying two.

I just finished my propolis, and it’s sick. Very responsive to your playing technique, which forces you to think more about how you play, and the controls within your hand’s reach.

That being said, I wondered about the possibility of adding a tone with one of the tone control pcb’s from this site, putting sockets in it, and experimenting with different tone set ups... damn, why didn’t I order a second pcb!!!!

Ok, so it's been done. Several times. 50 years ago even! The Candy Apple does some strange stuff with the NATURE control. Kind of a bias / balance control. You know a good pedal design by how many people steal it.

Attachments

• univox super-fuzz octave fuzz.gif
    univox super-fuzz octave fuzz.gif
    57.1 KB · Views: 47
  • JAX Octave Fuzz Pedal.jpg
    JAX Octave Fuzz Pedal.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Royal Fuzz.gif
    Royal Fuzz.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Ace Tone FM-2.gif
    Ace Tone FM-2.gif
    28.7 KB · Views: 60
  • BJFE Candy Apple Fuzz.JPG
    BJFE Candy Apple Fuzz.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Madbean Poindexter.PNG
    Madbean Poindexter.PNG
    198.4 KB · Views: 74
  • TMR Bumble Buzz Fuzz.png
    TMR Bumble Buzz Fuzz.png
    10 KB · Views: 69
Thanks everyone :) i will try the gain and volume mod from the poindexter board :) beans made that board wayyyy before i started doing pedals. Should be easy finding my way via my dmm ^^

Back