ProtoBoard Documents?

reubenreub

Been building tons of PCB based projects and decided it's time to try out breadboarding and experimenting with circuits. This ProtoBoard seems perfect but I can't seem to find the BOM or build documents for it. Also, any recommendations on some of the hardware pieces would be much appreciated! Thanks!

There are two options.

PCB only - Exactly how it sounds, just the base PCB

Complete Kit - Everything you need to assemble the ProtoBoard (no jumper wires or prototyping components are included)

1 - Base PCB
2 - Breakboards
1 - LD1117S33 (3.3V Regulator)
1 - LD1117S50 (5V Regulator)
1 - TC1044SCPA

3 - 1N5817
1 - 1N4001
2 - 10K Resistors (1/4W)

1 - 100nF

7 - 10uF (25V)
1 - 100uF (25V)
1 - 47uF (25V)

1 - Resettable Poly Fuse RUEF185 (1.85A hold / 3.7A trip)
1 - 8-pin DIP IC socket

1 - 40-pin Male Double Pin Header
1 - 18-pin Male Single Pin Header
6 - EK500A screw lugs (3 pin, 45 degree)
2 - 1/4" Enclosed stereo jack (PCB mount)
1 - 2.1mm DC Jack (Barrel type)
2 - DPDT Toggle (On/On)
1 - Red Toggle Switch Cap
1 - White Toggle Switch Cap

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.
Would I use this with a standard 9v supply that I use for testing pedals? No bench supply yet.

Gabe

Yep, you can use a normal 9V pedal power supply.

One part was missing from the list, TC1044SCPA charge pump.

I just got my complete Protoboard kit recently and was wondering if there are any suggestions on what connectors to use for the headers?

I was also wondering if any build documents have been made available. The parts list above is helpful. Regarding the
3.3V and 5V regulators, I notice there are no through holes on the board - are they soldered directly to the surface of the board? If so, any special advice for doing that right?
Thanks.

I was also wondering if any build documents have been made available. The parts list above is helpful. Regarding the
3.3V and 5V regulators, I notice there are no through holes on the board - are they soldered directly to the surface of the board? If so, any special advice for doing that right?
Thanks.
Yes, they are SMD components. I've found some good videos on YouTube about hand soldering SMD that might be helpful.

Is this good thing to get to start out breadboarding? Does it come with any instructions? I’ve built a bunch of pedalpcb pedals, but fancy tinkering with component values and circuits to try different things. Does anyone know if there are any tutorial videos for this board? Many thanks.

Back