PSA: Usable Top Jack Area

I just measured this the other day, but for a switching board with a buffer. I'm still wondering what tayda will do if you order drilling into the threads of the box, but I'm not willing to drop the coin to find out.

• Haha
Reactions: spi
I just measured this the other day, but for a switching board with a buffer. I'm still wondering what tayda will do if you order drilling into the threads of the box, but I'm not willing to drop the coin to find out.

Well that’s the thing. My holes are only 1mm over too far.

Technical only the edge of the HOLE would have to encroach before they caught it and by then it’d be way too late.

In this case, I’m fine. I’ll widen the holes ever so slightly and it won’t even be visible. I just wanted to throw it out there.

50 mm from edge of jack casing to edge of jack casing is what we have!

I actually need to order a test drilled enclosure that will be unusable afterwards... I'll do it.

Did you ever hear back about the slots/squares if its just a 3mm line? I put my slider project on the back burner and forgot about it.

Did you ever hear back about the slots/squares if its just a 3mm line? I put my slider project on the back burner and forgot about it.

I never got a clear answer as to what you'll get if you just draw a single straight line so my impression is that you want to draw rectangles rather than just single lines, but Hugo says it can go all the way down to 1mm.

oh my god rectangular cutouts from tayda ??? and to think I was actually looking into a drill press and mortising attachment just 12 hours ago

I'm pretty sure they want you to draw rectangles instead of just doing lines. This is what my template looks like for one of the boxes I got today.

Capture.JPG

You can combine drills with lines to get rounded ends on slots, which is my goal, I just need to sit down and do it. Drawing the rectangles is incredibly tedious as you have to put in start/end coordinates for every single line, which means 4 lines or 8 coordinates per rectangle. If Tayda would just let me upload a .dxf this would go a lot faster :p

Can anyone confirm if that rectangular cutouts are true to specified coordinates or if there is added margin? I.e., if I were to specify a 10mm x 20mm cutout, would it be that (disregarding changes due to added paint), or do they cut along at path and add some sort of machining tolerance?

Can anyone confirm if that rectangular cutouts are true to specified coordinates or if there is added margin? I.e., if I were to specify a 10mm x 20mm cutout, would it be that (disregarding changes due to added paint), or do they cut along at path and add some sort of machining tolerance?
Been trying to figure this out too. Anyone have cutouts done and able to say for sure?

Back