Pyrocumulus Fuzz LED Problem

Jimbaaaab

Hi all

Just finished up a Pyrocumulus Fuzz build. It makes noise.....a lot of noise, which is good. Aside from some buzz, which I'm assuming is pretty normal for a fuzz, I can't seem to get the LED to light up. It's not blown, because when I run battery power through it (separate power source), it lights up. However, when I plug it into my voodoo lab power supply, nothing lights up. Doesn't matter whether the foot switch is on or off, if there's a cable plugged into either/both of the jacks, it just doesn't light up.

I've posted a couple of gut shots in case anyone can see what idiot error I might have made.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_5449.jpg
    IMG_5449.jpg
    1,004.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5448 v2.jpg
    IMG_5448 v2.jpg
    1,001.9 KB · Views: 17
How are you running it off a battery? Does the pedal still work but just no LED?

I would definitely clean up your board with some isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush!

It's not running off battery, I just connected the terminal of the LED to a battery when the pedal was plugged into the power suppy to see if the LED had blown. It had not. I saw something on the forum about misprinting on the PedalPCB boards vis-a-vis the polarity/direction of the LEDs. Might just turn the LED around and see if that does anything.

Cheers

Back