Question about Fender Footswitchs

Travis

Hi everyone!

I bought one Fender Princeton 65, I wanna know how footswitch works.

The reverb gets on when Sleeve and Ring is connected or when they are disconnected?

I wanna build one footswitch with leds.

Thanks everyone

This should work with led On when Reverb or tremolo is engaged?

Thanks again guys

Attachments

• nVU4yUG.png
    nVU4yUG.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 12
Looking at the schematic it appears that the reverb and tremolo are on when the switches are open. If that's true then you'll want to move the LED wires down to the bottom lug of the footswitches.

I'll measure mine later today to verify.

The wiring is fairly simple in all of these so it's likely overkill, but I'm planning to do some PCBs for a few of the popular amp footswitches. (Blackface, Hot Rod series, etc)

Looking at the schematic it appears that the reverb and tremolo are on when the switches are open. If that's true then you'll want to move the LED wires down to the bottom lug of the footswitches.

I'll measure mine later today to verify.

The wiring is fairly simple in all of these so it's likely overkill, but I'm planning to do some PCBs for a few of the popular amp footswitches. (Blackface, Hot Rod series, etc)
Thanks !!!

Haven't had a chance to confirm with my Princeton yet, but just for reference on my '65 Twin Reissue:

Vibrato Footswitch Closed - Vibrato Active
Reverb Footswitch Open - Reverb Active

However, the Princeton has a different vibrato circuit than the Twin so I still believe the vibrato footswitch needs to open for the vibrato to function on that one.

Haven't had a chance to confirm with my Princeton yet, but just for reference on my '65 Twin Reissue:

Vibrato Footswitch Closed - Vibrato Active
Reverb Footswitch Open - Reverb Active

However, the Princeton has a different vibrato circuit than the Twin so I still believe the vibrato footswitch needs to open for the vibrato to function on that one.
So open for "on" vibrato and reverb will works?

Back