Questions about water slide decals on pedal enclosures

megatrav

Not sure if this is the right section on this site..

I am going to try to print some water slide decals for some pedal enclosures.
I am using a standard inexpensive ink jet printer. I assume it will work okay with the right paper?
I have watched a few videos and most people are spraying some clear coat once it prints and the ink dries. I am in a situation where I am not really able to spray at all. I do have wipe on poly and I was wondering if it would work if I used that instead of spraying or if it would mess up the ink on the paper.

Any advice is appreciated!

I think you need to try it and see if that works. You need some kind of waterproof seal on the label before you soak it in water. The goal is to protect the ink on the decal from the water while the glue on the paper can get moist enough to release from the backing paper. After the decal is applied and dry you will also want some kind of seal over the decal to help protect it from damage during normal use. Will the wipe on poly be good for that use as well? Good luck!

I assume you've watched this video?

For sure. He also sprays it after it prints. He does use wipe on at the end. I was wondering about using wipe on after it prints instead of spraying. I think it might mess up the ink/cause it to run.

Back