Rangemaster Treble Booster With Fat Switch?

Jovi Bon Kenobi

I pine for a germanium treble booster. One that I tried searching a schematic for but came up empty handed was the Diaz Texas Ranger. It has a hi/mid/lo switch that sculpts the low end. Does anyone know of something similar that has a similar tone control?

The Earthquaker Devices Bows is a treble booster that has a switch to go between Treble/Full Range boost. I enjoyed playing with it a lot, and it never seems to get enough love online. People just seem to forget about it but I love it. Would really love to build one now that it's discontinued...

The Earthquaker Devices Bows is a treble booster that has a switch to go between Treble/Full Range boost. I enjoyed playing with it a lot, and it never seems to get enough love online. People just seem to forget about it but I love it. Would really love to build one now that it's discontinued...
Yeah I love it too...
I bought the Jext Telez range lord pedal thinking I’d replace it and I ended up liking the bows better...

Go one louder and install a blend pot like in the Gagan Easyface. Then you get fat, thin, and everywhere in between.

The Chickenhead is wonderful. Best treble booster I have tried. I've built it with Ge trannies and Si trannies. The Si version I built uses a 2N2222A and a treble snubber cap. It's best used in front of an already dirty signal as it doesn't add much dirt by itself but it really captures that classic treble booster sound. I think I used a 1n8 cap and it goes between the collector or Boost 3 and ground.

I want to try the Range Finder too. I haven't yet because the Chickenhead is so good.

Similarly, I haven't built a RangeFinder because the RunOffGroove Omega is so good. I like the all FET based distortion thing I have going currently but am curious to try a Germanium Rangemaster.

Still haven’t seen a PCB for the EQD Bows, but I did find one for the Catalinbread Naga Viper.
the effectslayouts "beauregard" is a bows clone pcb. based on an NPN transistor, so you don't need the extra parts. i built it and it sounds great. really sold me on the whole treble booster concept. the switch is nice, but i think the ideal would be a knob to dial in the range, so i am working on a vero board for DAM red rooster clone to see if i like that any better.

Just chiming in to say that the vero Naga Viper I put together is a really nice sounding pedal—all of the catalinbread circuits I've tried are really rad and this one is no exception. Rangemaster into a Rat is delightful.

Hi friends! Thanks for the thoughts! Boy how time flies. This was the last pedal I built...almost a year ago! Been a gnarly last few months for me, but I'm still around and decided to start doing something good for myself and come back here to this great community.

Missed all y'all!

Hi friends! Thanks for the thoughts! Boy how time flies. This was the last pedal I built...almost a year ago! Been a gnarly last few months for me, but I'm still around and decided to start doing something good for myself and come back here to this great community.

Missed all y'all!

Welcome back man! Missed you for sure. How’re you doing with all the smoke??

Back