Reliable fasel inductor

As it happens I have 8 inductors in a project, including all the hip-jiving mojo-istic fasel-ishious ones. I plan to attempt to show the various responses of each. There are additional in-circuit variables I'll show as well. I'm just waiting for a few more bits to find their way here.

Wampler had a youtube video showcasing a few different inductors. I was surprised to not hear a huge difference between the red and yellow fasels. Granted computer speakers and all.

Do it Fig!

Reactions: fig
That's a good one. I have one in the Ridicuwah.
I'm hoping to get the comparative results posted on wah inductors before guitar pedals go out of style. Naturally, it will be homespun, mostly unscientific, and a LOT of fun.

I’ve been buying the Dunlop fasels from this guy. They’re the cheapest of these that I’ve found. Bought at least 10 in the past year or so. He’s also got the yellow one. $18 with free shipping.

Here’s the transformer a lot of us use @ $3.63:

The transformer has a much higher inductance than 500mH (per @Chuck D. Bones), so I think it will lead to a resonant frequency that’s way off.

Interesting, thanks for the heads up! I’ve got a bunch of those transformers and have used them a number of times. Even went as far as putting one with a transformer and one with a Dunlop fasel side by side and couldn’t tell the difference. Perhaps I don’t have the ear for it. If I’ve learned one thing on these forums it’s that you trust Mr. Bones with anything pedal related. :)

Interesting! I have a conqueror with the transformer and I got another board where I want to put a fasel. I’ll compare and let you know. It’s gonna take months to get to it tho… 😂

Interesting! I have a conqueror with the transformer and I got another board where I want to put a fasel. I’ll compare and let you know. It’s gonna take months to get to it tho… 😂
Please do!! I’m interested in your take. Happy Sunday! :)

I've used between 300-700mH. Slight adjustments to the Q center seem to help fringe values.

Last edited:
Back