Rockman X100 in pedal format?

Would be cool to do some of the modules. I've always wanted to snag an old Rockman just to have but the prices are pretty crazy and a lot of them need a lot of work recapping. Maybe the Steve Stevens "Topgun" sound will make a big comeback...

Aw stop it. That's just being cruel. The ones I didn't like only had the single clean channel and I'm not up enough on my Rockman knowledge to know the model number. I did very little session work but did an impromptu track thru one of these little devils into a Tascam 4-track using someone else's guitar and to this day it's one of the best tracks I've ever done. Why I never bought one, I'll never know.

Yeah, that's probably it. I never played any of the individual modules although I understand that everyone in Scholz's touring band uses them. I'd just like to get a handle on the original. I'm totally onboard. Those headphones sucked and it STILL sounded awesome. Never got a handle on how to push the sound thru a live rig and not sure how Alex Lifeson did it when he had to do the clean parts for "Limelight" on the first Moving Pictures tour. Geez, it just occurred to me that you're doing a 60watt loud-as-sh*t power amp... OMG!!...

I hope that X100 project is still on your agenda ? It would be awesome, cause it's instant 80's in a box ... for example Def Leppard's Hysteria .

It would be fun to see a full implementation for one of the Rockman boxes. Runoffgroove has the "Mockman" that recreated the distortion circuit.

I was never able to get the Mockman to sound anything like a Rockman. I've been using Amplitube lately and snagged the Satriani X-100 model and it's absolutely dead on. I'd forgotten how pretty the clean sound is.

Whoa...so this is a big one for me.

A few years ago, when I got back into guitar and pedals after a long hiatus, I kept hearing the Rockman in all the songs of my youth but I didn’t know what it was. A lot of searching later, I ended up discovering what a treasure it is, and posting a WTB on my local Craigslist. I had two replies that day (I’m in Nashville) and one of them sold me his X100 with RockAdaptor for $150. Sounds amazing and hasn’t needed a recap yet.

Not wanting to hoard these tones for myself, and since I can’t wait for George Tripps to do something useful with the brand, I’ve been thinking about how to make a pedal version a reality. I mean the whole package too; chorus, delay, two cleans, two distortions. I’ve just recently been talking to some dev friends about DSP possibilities, but that’s about it.

Definitely interested in PedalPCB’s take!

, and since I can’t wait for George Tripps to do something useful with the brand,
128gkv.jpg

You know something I don't know?

I mean, I'm sure you do... probably plenty of things..... but in regards to this particular subject?

Back