Roland Bee Gee Fuzz…

Coda

Anyone have any experience with this fuzz? Is it an original circuit? Or is it based on something else? The schematic I saw looked fairly original. To my ears, however, I kind of sounds like a Fuzz-Rite. I also read that the BeeGee was the “Jet” part of the Jet Phaser…

The Bee Gee was release in 1975, or so I’ve read. It is a fairly original design, and you can see the origins of the Boss DS-1 in it, which was released in 1978. The Jet Phaser features the same circuit. It is really more of a distortion.

You may be confusing it with the Bee Baa, which is an earlier design, completely different, and a much gnarlier fuzz. I could see it sounding fuzzrite ish.

Reactions: fig
The Bee Gee was release in 1975, or so I’ve read. It is a fairly original design, and you can see the origins of the Boss DS-1 in it, which was released in 1978. The Jet Phaser features the same circuit. It is really more of a distortion.

You may be confusing it with the Bee Baa, which is an earlier design, completely different, and a much gnarlier fuzz. I could see it sounding fuzzrite ish.
You are right. The Bee Gee demo I saw has a much thinner tone than this one here does…

For reference, here is the BeeBaa

There are a lot of really rad bee-baa variants floating around the DIY forums. The original pedal is kinda wonky, but it has one setting that's become a favorite fuzz of the doom/stoner set. It definitely has its own thing going on and is a cool platform for mods and experimentation.

Back