Rose of Tralee (modded Klone)

jubal81

d40ece22-a47f-4ca7-9fa8-98a8eb05ab54_text_hi.gif

Made my own Klone version. True bypass. Used rail-to-rail opamps and got rid of the charge pump. Use an 18V plug from my TruTone power supply.
The OD/Dist adds feedback clippers on the gain opamp and the other switch toggles Ge, Si and N2 molecular junction clippers.

Rose-of-Tralee-front.jpg

Rose-of-Tralee-Guts.jpg

Score! Super tidy and spot on, how does the N2 sound in there? How's the differences in clipping options and which GE / SI diodes did you end up liking?

Last edited:
Score! Super tidy and spot on, how does the N2 sound in there? How's the differences in clipping options and which GE / SI diodes did you end up liking?
Thanks!
The N2 and Si have about the same headroom, but the Si sounds a lot more compressed. N2 would be great setting if you use your Klone as a dirty boost to push something else.
With the feedback clipper and Ge hard clippers, it's definitely gets more into distortion range.

Wow- I'm impressed by every aspect of this: a legendary circuit with enticing mod's immaculately assembled in a very handsome enclosure.
Bravo, sir!

Very interesting and cool with the clipping options indeed. Is the enclosure laser engraved? Looks spiffin'.

Brilliant. I was about to ask how you did the cool LED when I got to your reverse etch line. Damn that looks sharp. When you back fill do you have to do it by hand?

Brilliant. I was about to ask how you did the cool LED when I got to your reverse etch line. Damn that looks sharp. When you back fill do you have to do it by hand?
Yeah, it's easy. Just paint the back with a paint pen, or my new favorite: Typing correction fluid.

Back