Rust-Oleum Photo Transfer

Robert

Reverse Engineer
Saw this on display at Home Depot yesterday, I'd be curious to see how well it works for enclosure artwork...

Only catch is that it requires a laser printer, and because of how it works I suspect any white areas would disappear.

photo_transfer_480x480.ashx

Saw this on display at Home Depot yesterday, I'd be curious to see how well it works for enclosure artwork...

Only catch is that it requires a laser printer, and because of how it works I suspect any white areas would disappear.

photo_transfer_480x480.ashx

Well I've got a laser printer, may have to try it out (which you can get for around $200.00 these days)

I got a laser printer off Craigslist for 50 bucks...also work at a hardware store with a rustoleum supplier...:unsure:

is the product some type of glossy coating to put on over a laser printed image on regular paper? that is what it sounds like.

interesting -- looks like it transfers the laser toner to the object. instructions from a hobby site:

Place your photo face down on the board and apply a generous amount of Photo Transfer Medium to the back of the photo using a hard edge to let out bubbles. Let the product and photo sit for 12 hours to cure. After 12 hours, wet the paper with water until you see the image and using a clean rag, rub in a circular motion to remove the paper backing.

Pretty similar idea here, follow this dude's creative YT for some of the most.. um... interesting voiceover...
I've tried this, it works, but would much rather stick with laser printed waterslides

This is a sweet idea! I've been working on my enclosure options and strategies, this is a good tool to add to the kit. In case anyone else is doing artwork research, here are some things I've recently learned, maybe helpful for ya'll.

Where to print?
- The UPS Store near me will print stuff on their black & white and color laser printers for really cheap, even if I bring my own waterslide decals in.
- Also, most libraries are typically staffed by wonderful folks who will likely be interested in helping you out with your pedal printing project.

A recent "duh" concept for me:
- except for black toner ink, laser printers print transparent color toner. So, when using clear waterslide decals, you gotta keep in mind that the toner is not like an opaque paint. For example, whites will be blank and colors will be affected in an "additive" way (blue decal + yellow enclosure = green end product). Good to keep in mind when you're thinking about sweet color graphics.

Back