Sagan Delay from Carcharias Effects

jjjimi84

Here is my most recent painting and I thought I would show a little bit into the process. I drilled the enclosure then airbrushed a coat of white primer then silver then bronze on the outer rim. After that I sprayed on a coat of clear green and then a coat of clear. Then I played the pedal for about three months and thought about what to do next.

My buddy Casey came over plugged it in and said its leaving with me, and then I had to paint it. I wanted to do something like the original artwork but he insisted on a Hulk. I usually do not like doing such well known characters because of two reasons, zero confidence in my skills and two any small error is really apparent.

What I did with this is using a reference photo I did the outline with black ink and then filled it in with a couple coats of white primer.
VBHv98z.jpg

As you can see I already had the lettering down and decided the slam switch should be a smash switch.

Once this dried I started the outline of all of the basic features and then started with a gray wash paint and a flat black to do some shading and texturing. After all of that I went for the final details with gloss black to do line work.

This Hulk had more nose jobs than the Kardashian family.
cJ86Kd2.jpg

and the guts.
enQFOna.jpg

For anybody who doesn't know what it is, it is a Roland Space Echo and it just slays. I will be doing a video at some point, it is on the to do list.

Solid work!

Enclosure Size - which one did you settle on? This one's tricky because of the depth!
Sprayer - what kind of sprayer do you use? Just spray cans, or do you have an HVLP rig or something?
Pens - what kind of pens do you use? Posca's?

Solid work!

Enclosure Size - which one did you settle on? This one's tricky because of the depth!
Sprayer - what kind of sprayer do you use? Just spray cans, or do you have an HVLP rig or something?
Enclosure is a 1590U, the build docs recommend a 1590 C but I kept stepping on the knobs the added length prevents that.
Sprayer is a Iwata Eclipse gravity feed with a normal air compressor into a line dryer and regulator at around 20-30 psi
Pens- no pens, brush with acrylic paint. Testors and Tamiya paints

Solid work!

I’m building mine with a Hammond 1590U. Lesser known enclosure size (in fact when I mentioned it to the guy from Carcharias, he said he had never heard of one before) so it’s a bit pricy, but super useful. I’d guess that that’s what this is as well since it appears to match the size

I may try to copy your graphics style for at least one of my builds, as a tribute to your talents.
If it turns out poorly, I'll just spray a new base-coat over the whole thing — a half-arsed job on my part would not be a veneration of your art.

Does this Sagan circuit include the Brain Seltzer, aka preamp? If not, I've got another board to add to this build.

I may try to copy your graphics style for at least one of my builds, as a tribute to your talents.
If it turns out poorly, I'll just spray a new base-coat over the whole thing — a half-arsed job on my part would not be a veneration of your art.

Does this Sagan circuit include the Brain Seltzer, aka preamp? If not, I've got another board to add to this build.
it has an active preamp in it, so it tails off beautifully and can give your amp a boost.

I would love to see your art imitating my art, that is a high compliment and I thank you.

Just built an Aion Redshift as my first big build and I want to do more like that. Lectric stuff looks good, and this is now on my list!

Nice work and fantastic art as always!

Back