Sarda

szukalski

Having done three face plates in my latest round, here’s the third.

It’s a simplified klon called the Clown Centaur, by dylan159 over at FSB. Jimilee had a great tip about using LEDs for clipping and I made that into an external switch. Great klon sounds with 9V and lower component count.

Next step is make it three knobs with the clipping controlled by a smart relay..

Bonus points for anyone who can spot a labelling mistake!

IMG_2228.jpeg IMG_2231.jpeg
And here’s the trio. I think I have a good template for pedals now with the breakout boards and faceplates, at least I’m happy with it.
IMG_2230.jpeg

Nice! How does it sound vs normal klon? Do you power it with 9v or 18v?

Has the diode switch been labelled the wrong way round?

I like those faceplates a lot @szukalski !

I especially like seeing a set of pedals that all conform to a design brief.

I’ve had a faceplate for a Hydra on the back burner for a while, you’re inspiring me to get back to it!

Nice! How does it sound vs normal klon? Do you power it with 9v or 18v?

Has the diode switch been labelled the wrong way round?
It can be powered at 18v, just gives more headroom, otherwise it has to be damn near turned all the way up for distortion. My guess is, that’s why mr card table did it. I think it sounds like a new beast with the LEDs.

It can be powered at 18v, just gives more headroom, otherwise it has to be damn near turned all the way up for distortion. My guess is, that’s why mr card table did it. I think it sounds like a new beast with the LEDs.
I swapped the gain for a C-taper and it is more usable across the range. Love the LEDs!!

Mr Szukalski is from New Zealand. New Zealanders are well known (in folk lore) to love their sheep. Physically love their sheep. I believe the English like to tease their Welsh neighbours in a similar way. It's cruel and inhumane to be teased like that. Those sheep don't deserve that kind of punishment.

Mr Szukalski is from New Zealand. New Zealanders are well known (in folk lore) to love their sheep. Physically love their sheep. I believe the English like to tease their Welsh neighbours in a similar way. It's cruel and inhumane to be teased like that. Those sheep don't deserve that kind of punishment.
Every urban area says this about its rural neighbors. There's a city near here called Sherwood and there's a saying that goes: "would you $%^& a sheep? Sherwood."

Back