Schu-Tone Whirlpool Reverb

jjjimi84

Here is a little demo of the Schu-Tone Spring Reverb, Dan @dan.schumaker was kind enough to send me some pedals to shoot demos for and this is the first of many. I am using an Eliasson Guitars Goldie into a Chinook Amplification JTM 45 type thing with the Reverb in the effects loop. The Chinook Amp is my first amp build that came from the Metro Amps kits he used to do back in like 06 and since busting it out for some of these Schu-tone videos I feel like it will be a player for awhile.

This is a great sounding spring reverb and having the select able mix is such a brilliant idea.

Check out Pauls Guitars they are really neat, you all might know him more as the resident multi pedal builder @Pauleo1214

Here is a link to the really cool reverb pedal.

and last but not least a video of my goofy ass;

Last edited:
That guitar is going to have its own video in a couple weeks, I am going to be wrapping up filming hopefully this week or the next.

I think next weeks video is the madbean total recall then another schutone video. Going to be seeing a lot of videos over the next six weeks or so.

Reported for false advertising ;)

THIS SOUNDS GREAT! Reverb is pretty much my favorite effect and this one sounds pretty special AND doesn't seem to do the annoying boinga boinga thing that I think sounds cheesy in spring reverbs.
It is a really great implementation of the mini spring tank and with the big bottle kt66 jtm45 it is heavenly. The soft touch switches keep it from clanging when you change mixes or turn it off or on. Highly recommended especially for the 150 he is selling them for.
I’m a sucker for a nice reverb.
Me too! I love spring and plate reverbs and have kicked around the idea of building a plate in my closer.
I really like that guitar too!
Me too! It is heading back to you tomorrow.
Look forward to this- I have been slowly accumulating parts for this one.
The total recall is a great delay and the video has been done for a while but kept getting pushed back because I am kicking around the idea of a biasing video. Waiting for the new camera setup and the money to buy the new camera setup.

I have four or five Schutone videos in the works, two for @Pauleo1214 and one for the one and only @jimilee they will all be on the opposite weeks I would normally put out a video.

I am also thinking about doing some legacy videos of old builds and builds from places like 1776 effects and then a studio tour and amp videos. There is a lot in the pipeline!

Back