Shelly (Julia Chorus)

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
My first dedicated chorus and its AWESOME! What a lush/wonky chorus! This is the Caesar Chorus here on PedalPCB!
Before i started building pedals i was actually gonna dish out the 200 bucks for a Julia chorus. Something about this pedal drew me to it ever since i seen it/ heard it. I know i wouldve been happy with it cause this version is amazing! I had to put a few caps in parallel to make up for the some of the values i didnt have thats why in some places it looks like i doubled up on the caps. Everything is stock except for R28 which is a 360k resistor instead of the 330k it asks for. Oh and instead of D1 and D2 being 3mm Red LEDs i went with @Robert advise and swapped them with 2u2s. IDK what the LEDS would’ve sounded like but he assured me that to him they worked better! And i have to say i gets pretty wonky in that setting!

If youre hand drilling your enclosure for this circuit i would advise to be as accurate as you possibly can. I can see that if my holes were off center to either side the board will not fit! Take the extra time to plan and measure your drilling holes!

I will do a demo of it maybe tomorrow! Would like to showcase that setting in case anyones interested in going that route!
A definite 5 out of 5 for me! Im really really happy with the way this one came out!

IMG-1057.jpg

IMG-1059.jpg

IMG-1058.jpg

IMG-1060.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome job. Your graphics rule. I sold both that I have built and need to build one more for keeps. It really is a great sounding magic box.
Thank you man! Ive already been thinking about making another. This circuit absolutely blew me away! I might try the red LEDs in the next build so to see how different they are than the 2u2s.

Yes sir! No film decal and it’s put together in Adobe Illustrator!
how is the learning curve in illustrator, I've always used inkscape because it was free and I already know how to use it. I've thought of biting the bullet and paying for illustrator so i can upload graphics to Tayda.

Very cool! Which one is the rate LED and is it always on (hate those)?

Also, do you think pjn headers work for attaching the breakout board?

So it’s pretty easy to use. Then again I used Inkscape for maybe all but a week. The transition wasn’t too bad. I’m a person that doesn’t like change and once I get used to a tool/program I stick with it. I recommend it I know others on here wouldn’t but I do. I’ve yet to use it to make UV designs for tayda but I would imagine there shouldn’t be a problem as it’s the standard program they use. I use it for every enclosure/design I make except where some enclosures won’t allow a decal. Go for it man pull the trigger!

Very cool! Which one is the rate LED and is it always on (hate those)?

Also, do you think pjn headers work for attaching the breakout board?
The pink Led is the rate led and yes it’s always on. I dont mind it only because that lets you know what your tempo/rate is without having it on.

Im not sure the headers would work. I think they might but the space you have between the foot switch and the board is very very small. What I would recommend is taking the leads that you cut off from the components and use them to connect the board to your 3pdt board. And yes use a 3pdt board the spacing again would make it a pain in the butt to wire a foot switch without one.

how is the learning curve in illustrator, I've always used inkscape because it was free and I already know how to use it. I've thought of biting the bullet and paying for illustrator so i can upload graphics to Tayda.
I’ve totally given up on Adobe after using illustrator, photoshop, Indesign, and others and instead use Affinity Photo and Designer now. They’re super cheap, practically the same, and no subscription model.

Back