Shuttle Booster (MXR Micro Amp Clone)

fxwiegand

It's been a long time since i last posted here but i thought i'd share a little custom pedal i made for my band Teacup Universe:

In the past month i started to make my own eurorack modules and got better in designing and creating pcbs. With eurorack modules the idea of having the front panel made out of pcb material and some sort of shapes being uncovered by the solder mask and therefore being able to be lit from behind the panel is quite common and can be seen by multiple manufacturers. So one day i just thought why not do a guitar pedal with the same technique so that night i just looked up some version of an mxr micro amp schematic and made this pcb and panel (the astronaut is from my bands latest run of t-shirts).

I sadly screwed up on the potentiometer legs so i needed to put some wires on and change pins 1 and 3 but otherwise everything works great. I put together 2 pedals. Not sure if i am gonna build all 5 i have. If someones up some a pretty easy smd build feel free to hit me up! Here are some pictures of the pedals:

Last edited:
That’s slick with the pcb faceplate! Do you have to do anything special with the enclosure to light it?

That’s slick with the pcb faceplate! Do you have to do anything special with the enclosure to light it?
Nope nothing too special 😄 You obviously need to cut a hole in the enclosure behind the astronaut so the light from the led can get to the frontplate but nothing else 😄

Back