Silicone housing

mdc

Dang, this stuff is floppy... I ordered some hookup wire from prime without paying too much attention and it looks like I'm going to have a lot of rubbery wires boppin' around my pedals for a while.

Working with crummy wire is a drag.

I know you know what's what and how to get what you like, but just in case you're looking for recommendations I have had good luck with the stuff the LMS sells. It's pre-bonded and I don't have any issues with melting insulation.

I don't actually have a strong preference! I think I like stranded more than solid core for most things and 22awg more than 24awg; but that I would have to think about housing material hadn't even occurred to me. The pre-tinned stuff is pretty cool though.

I stopped using solid core after continually snapping leads on vero builds when I was boxing things up and trying to cram everything into place. I discovered a large-ish spool of 24awg stranded in a box of guitar parts and went through that; I liked the flexibility and not worrying about things breaking at the bends, but 24 slips into the pads on most PCBs a little too easily.

I stopped using solid core after continually snapping leads on vero builds when I was boxing things up and trying to cram everything into place. I discovered a large-ish spool of 24awg stranded in a box of guitar parts and went through that; I liked the flexibility and not worrying about things breaking at the bends, but 24 slips into the pads on most PCBs a little too easily.

I bought a handful of rolls of solid 22 and must have snapped every piece of wire in half I tried to solder, never again

• Haha
Reactions: fig
The trick is to hold the wire just below the bend. I use micro pliers.
I’ve moved to dupont jumpers and never looked back, any hurdle that makes breadboarding harder is just another excuse for me not to do it lmao

Reactions: fig
Back