Small Bear?

Dan0h

I placed my first order with Small Bear last week.
So far every shop, vendor, store, small biz, what ever you name it the shop community that supplies all these awesome parts, has been super easy to work with and lightening fast getting orders out the door.
So I thought it was strange that a week went by and no word on my order. I sent an email and the reply was understandable, but still feels odd. They said they have been so swamped with orders that they are at least 4-5 days behind.
How has everyone else’s experience been with SB? I’m glad they are super busy, but I feel like all the shops are busy as this hobby is exploding in popularity. I’m not in a rush on these parts at all so nothing lost, just curious if this is normal for SB.

Small bear is great. They're in nyc and were forced to close for several months earlier this year and they've been a little slow catching up ever since. I think they have to have less staff on hand due to restrictions. I've been ordering stuff from them for years

Dan0h

Small bear is great. They're in nyc and were forced to close for several months earlier this year and they've been a little slow catching up ever since. I think they have to have less staff on hand due to restrictions. I've been ordering stuff from them for years
Glad to hear this is just a timing issue. They have a great section of TRANSISTORS!

irvmuller

Harry is on the money. They are GREAT but are affected by the COVID stuff much more than other places because they are in NY. They’ll be back to normal eventually. For now, if you order from them it just means you need more patience than normal.

cooder

I'm glad Smallbear exists and that they are making it through the Covid drama... may it be with some delays at times. I just ordered recently and I got some helpful replies when I asked about stuff that was out of stock and when they could include it with my order.
They are awesome and even though their shipping charge to NZ hurts in the pocket every time I think they are a treasure to have for those hard to get parts and their selection.
Cheers to Steve and the team I'd say!

Dan0h

I’m stoked to see the support for them. Zero worries about the order now. And I agree their selection is like a treasure box for sure.

music6000

Smallbear sells Good stock, I buy his CIC 3pdt footswitches & Enclosed Jacks only & other stuff , never had a Dud!
If it doesn't do what it suppose to, Steve will send a replacement, he believes in his products.
The Covid has messed up his normal operation & stock!

spi

I ordered from them this summer. It was slow after the order, but eventually (a week or so later) I got the shipping statement, and the stuff came shortly after.

caiofilipini

Same experience here, they're running a little behind, but they eventually get to your order. My last order was placed on October 30th and shipped by Nov 4th.

Route14

I've been ordering from them for almost 20 years and they are always top shelf. With a much bigger selection than the other small operations it probably takes them a little longer to pull together orders. Much like everyone else on this thread, I too have a pending order into them! Being in NYC and dealing with Covid likely isn't helping either.

Dan0h

Update. Order shipped out today.
I sent them an email thanking them for their service and giving appreciation for what they do during these times.
You know you are doing things right when the internet has your back in a forum. I’m sure they appreciate all the positive feedback. Even if they don’t read this forum.